switchable ecu maps

P

pulsarboby

as im planning on racing next year ive struck a bit of a problem with our new track car lol.

heres my prob
in order for me to race in the series im entering i need to fit a 34mm restrictor to the turbo which in itself isnt a problem.....but il be running a 2860 with z32 and 550cc injectors and i want the car at full power on test/track days
now i have an ecu which i bought a while back with nisstune daughterboard fitted so il probably use that and get ed to map it, but does anyone know if you can have 2 maps loaded in the same ecu with a switch to switch from map to map?
one with tubby restrictor fitted
and one at full power

im sure ive seen stock ecu's with an external switch before

Fire & skill

Vintage member
there was a guy on here think he was called str motorsport, im sure he used to reprogramme std ecu's and have 2 - 3 switchable maps on it.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
No you can't on the Nistune system, you would need two daughter boards for that to work.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No you can't on the Nistune system, you would need two daughter boards for that to work.
The only other way that I could see is to have the two bin (?) files on your laptop and upload the one you want each time. - I don't know how feasible that is, but as long as both maps are valid it should work.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The only other way that I could see is to have the two bin (?) files on your laptop and upload the one you want each time. - I don't know how feasible that is, but as long as both maps are valid it should work.
That's the way you can do it on Nistune; takes a few seconds to upload the maps from your laptop, save and away you go!

Braveheart

I've seen EMU's that will respond to blue tooth and can switch maps using a mobile phone..... get with the times!!!

P

pulsarboby

yes i think it can be done but could be wrong lol
hoprfully ed will pop on here soon and let us know

Trip

I have a aftermarket ECU which has an external switch to change between standard map and the eprom map.. This is controlled by a jumper on the main board of the ECU. You replace the jumper with an external switch. Nistune has it too but as any other aftermarket ECU it is there to change between the OE map and the eprom map only.

What you need to do is either have a special daughter board with two eproms with the facility to switch between them or if there is a way to load a map over the OE one.

P

pulsarboby

wat sort of power you thinking of getting without the restrictor?

itll only be around 370bhp max without restrictor
but with it i guess that it would be restricted to 200bhp at the wheels

cheers ev....best thing i can do is try get hold of ed to see if he can conjour something up for me.
worst case scenario is that il have to just run two ecus and swap them for whatever im doing at the time

Trip

itll only be around 370bhp max without restrictor
but with it i guess that it would be restricted to 200bhp at the wheels

cheers ev....best thing i can do is try get hold of ed to see if he can conjour something up for me.
worst case scenario is that il have to just run two ecus and swap them for whatever im doing at the time
I tried searching on Nistune forums but i didn't find anything related using the type 3 board. I am sure Ed has the correct answer. Wouldn't it be easier to simply hook up a laptop and upload a map :)

P

pulsarboby

it would if i were clever ev:lol:
i have trouble downloading pics on a website so what chance have i got with something like that lol, plus i would need all the software and interface cable i guess!!!

Keg510

I have an 84 Nissan bluebird I put an sr20det into it. There's a local guy here in aus who put a piggy back chip onboard and u can run multiple maps at the push of a button. My hand set has 4 buttons. So u can have 4 maps at your finger tips. I'll put a pic up later tonight, but I think his website is http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/

Fusion Ed

PLMS isnt Nistune. Nistune designs the hardware and makes the software, PLMS makes the hardware. Two separate companies but they work very closely.

However PLMS make a romboard that holds 4 maps and can be changed 'on the fly' via switch etc. I've used these a lot for people who want different maps for various things etc.

P

pulsarboby

cool il be popping up to see you then ed if thats ok, il give you a bell in next few weeks once ive sorted out some wiring and stuff.
ive now got the car running on nisstune but it will need remapping for full power and another map with restrictor in place

Braveheart

cool il be popping up to see you then ed if thats ok, il give you a bell in next few weeks once ive sorted out some wiring and stuff.
ive now got the car running on nisstune but it will need remapping for full power and another map with restrictor in place
Oh my..... here's hoping history does not repeat itself :shock: and you boys be nice to each other now... :lol:;-)