Suspension kits

A

Anonymous

Hi guys! I've been looking everywhere for a suspension kit (uprated shockers and springs) for my GTI-R but am having no luck in locating any. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't wanna pay 1400 quid for a set of coilovers coz i wanna spend the money on other mods (Cobra Evolution buckets, and a sump guard that i've just bought). Please help!

C

Crazy

KONI

GABS

NISMO

WHITELINE

They will not be £1000+ which is what you are after :wink:
(Coilovers are the one in my personal opinion)

kyepan

Nutter01 said:
Hi guys! I've been looking everywhere for a suspension kit (uprated shockers and springs) for my GTI-R but am having no luck in locating any. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't wanna pay 1400 quid for a set of coilovers coz i wanna spend the money on other mods (Cobra Evolution buckets, and a sump guard that i've just bought). Please help!
if you want to mod any part of the suspension you would do well to get the bump steer kit, and some strut braces.. maybe even before dampers and springs, that will stiffen and sort out the gti-r's dodgy geometry, it will also handle like its on rails.

bump steer kit is only 120 quid and IMHO the best mod you can do to the r to make it handle. there are a good set of cusco struts for £100 in the for sale section.. sot thats only 220 quid total.. then if your still not happy some light weight wheels will make it grip even more

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
kyepan said:
if you want to mod any part of the suspension you would do well to get the bump steer kit, and some strut braces.. maybe even before dampers and springs, that will stiffen and sort out the gti-r's dodgy geometry, it will also handle like its on rails.

bump steer kit is only 120 quid and IMHO the best mod you can do to the r to make it handle. there are a good set of cusco struts for £100 in the for sale section.. sot thats only 220 quid total.. then if your still not happy some light weight wheels will make it grip even more
Don't get the bumpsteer kit, get dampers :wink: :lol: :wink:

Had a quick look underneath at my "slammed" coilovers, I need to take a longer look sometime with more light. Though the front arms looked slightly off, the steering arms looked pi**ed.

I'm goign to leave it like it is for the moment (Get a burbery cap and fit a base bin :wink: ) as it'll be a good benchmark to improve from. But bumpsteer on "slammed" R's looks like it could be a serious handling issue. Kyepan, I realise you've been saying this a lot recently :oops:

When I've got more time I'll have a propoer look and take a piccy. Wish I'd taken more notice on my standard R suspension now for comparison.

PS Koni adjustable dampers are always a good thing :wink:

Jim