Supertech, Wiseco, Cp Pistons!

RO_SUNNY

Hi,

I was searching through the net for a set of forged pistons and I was wondering what will be the beste choice.
Supertech pistons are cheaper then CP with almost 100$.....Wiseco are also cheaper.
Would they a better option besides the evergreen CP?

Thanks!

Bogdan

RO_SUNNY

Sorry for double posting......But if anyone has a brand new set of forged pistons I might be interested!

Mr B

CP's are one of my favourite for product quality/price & come with good spec sheet & being GTIR specific pistons is a plus. You may find a better price on CP's if hunt around. Can't comment on your other choices as have not used them personally ... What price you got on Cp's, someone might be able to point you to cheaper supply source !

Mr B

eBay ones are open to offers so may get them for 600 to 620 bucks. worth checking they send as gift & with value marked low or you could get stung on import duty !. Have a word with Pulsarboby, he uses CP's a lot so may be selling them at a favourable price, also had a US dealer selling parts to members at reasonable cost & shipped as gift but can't see post or rember the specifics. as engine ain't stripped you got some time to get feedback. 2 important factors when rebuilding is good pistons & head gasket & for the price of CPs & a cosworth gasket cost cutting options don't save a lot & end up costing you more in the long run ...

bensmith907

I used the cp pistons from eric performance (e bay) on bobs recomendation. But first you'll need to find out what size you need. This means getting the head off first. Are you just planning on changing the pistons?

Mr B

Those eagle rods use the narrow 17mm big end bearings! standard rods are good for some serious hp, just test um, use good rod bolts & shot peen if budget allows ... CPs on eBay are probably best deal about if you get an offer accepted & easily shipped to your country. Not sure on reason for your engine strip but always seems pointless doing a rebuild without a set of CPs going in ...

Last edited: