super streets

Paul20

just had my new teins super streets fitted and what a difference its made. they do what they say on the tin and realy are super on the street. not too hard at all, iv currently got them set on hardest and experimenting with adjustment. for all those thinking about coilovers, these are ideal for me and recommend them

D

deslynam

Got them set on hardest setting? Feck you must have a spine made of steel - either that or the roads you've been driving on are super smooth! :lol:

They get better once they've all bedded in, then the fun really begins :twisted:

MORF114

Id say the same the super streets arent that hard i have mine on hardest and they arent that hard and roads where i am are shite not been tarmac'd ever and bumpy as all buggery compared to hks hyper d's although on a scooby they were spine brakers had to go back to std they were that hard for the street great for track though.

Id reckommend super streets all day long i think the d2's are the same spring rate etc as the hks ones so i would ass ume they are prob too hard for road (comfort anyway)

Dont know if the fulcrum ones are actually any different to other super streets as i have fulcrum ones on mine.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Paul20 said:
just had my new teins super streets fitted and what a difference its made. they do what they say on the tin and realy are super on the street. not too hard at all, iv currently got them set on hardest and experimenting with adjustment. for all those thinking about coilovers, these are ideal for me and recommend them
Get them off the hardest setting pronto or they'll be quickly fecked, seriously!!!

They only ever need the 0-10 settings, 10-20 are there to compensate for wear over the years.

Last edited:
D

deslynam

Actually yeah fair point, keep forgetting I've got polybushes everywhere which will firm it up a lot over old standard ones.

Paul20

i have got the fronts wound off 4cklicks now, just experimenting. back are still hard though. i dont think they are too hard and they hold there line round corners very well. fitted the bumpsteer kit and adjustable rear arb at same time. what an improvement from standard setting.

settings i have at the moment for anyone interested:

height (centre of wheel to arch lip) front : 325mm
height " " " " rear : 335-340mm
camber front : -1.5 deg
camber rear : -0.5 deg

'rossdj1983' they cost me just over £800 delivered to my door from greenline japan

Paul20

im aiming for a fast road setup on my car, i think the super streets would be good on track but a firmer ride may be preferred. i have never been on a track so couldnt fairly comment, think its down to the individual. there must be some chaps ysing them for trackdays?

GTiRlover

Teins are without doubt the next 'big' modification that my car will have the pleasure of:D

Paul20- what suspension was previously on your car? Was £800 delivered including adjsutable pillowball top mounts?

Paul20

previous suspension was standard shocks with hiteq lowering springs, think they were dowmax springs actualy. just over 800 including tein adjustable pillowball top mounts too.