subframe

pulsar kid

ive got to remove my centre section of my goose this weekend as now got a front exit unfortuanlly my car isnt runing at the mo so cant take it to garage to have it removed,

ive heard people dropping the rear subframe few inches is this a hard job?

vizi0n

I'd like to know too. My exhaust is cut at the rear part and unbolted from the cat. Car is on 4 jack stands right now about 8-10" from the floor but i cant get it passed the subframe.

I was wondering about dropping the subframe an inch or so which would help me alot.

Is it only holding by the 4 big bolts in the bushings?

geoff pine

I'd like to know too. My exhaust is cut at the rear part and unbolted from the cat. Car is on 4 jack stands right now about 8-10" from the floor but i cant get it passed the subframe.

I was wondering about dropping the subframe an inch or so which would help me alot.

Is it only holding by the 4 big bolts in the bushings?
I had mine 24" of the floor and still could not get it off :frusty: so gave up. At some stage i will sell my 3" janspeed and go to pipe worx :thumbsup:

Trip

you need to have the car at least 4 to 5 feet off the ground in order to get a goose out.

vizi0n

managed to remove my 5zigen this morning.

removed all 4 subframe bolts, 3 shock tower bolts, and lowered it about 1 inch passed the subframe studs end.