Stupid question, but..........

Hi,

In a few weeks im having to commute to Chesterfield for four weeks in the R from North Wales :lol:. So this got me thinking on fuel costs, and came up with the following:

Recently fitted Apexi AVC-R boost controller, now if I lower the boost down to err say 0.2 - 0.3 would this help the fuel ecconmy?

I know, whats the point of owning an R if im doing this, but im not going out to buy another car for a few weeks.

So this seems the most logical way of keeping costs down, might as well put the Apexi to good use, but not the way it was intended for!

By lowering the boost past the standard setting would this be harmful to the engine or fueling etc?

Any opinions will be appreciated,

Gaz

gtir bean

if your just driving along on the motorway you shouldnt be using any boost or very little so turning it down will do naff all.unless you were running peak boost all the way there.

creedy

if im rite it will over fuel?? unless u chaneg the map on the ecu... thats if u have an after market ecu

just keep the revs low and stay off boost... easy enough on motorways.

gtir bean said:
if you just sit a 70 you should be able to get near 30mpg if your car is running good.
be interesting to see how many MPG i get, never worked it out on the R before.

Always try to get the mrs Corolla down to single figures on the display, damn 1.4 doesnt seem to want to play :lol: