stripping shell, help needed

gtirtrack

right i have started stripping my shell ready to make it into a track only car. basically i am going to remove all the a/c and heater stuff behind the dash. once i have done this what should i do with all the excess wires.
also can i get a blanking plug for the hole that is left once i remove the rear wash/wipe.
can i remove the sound dedening mat from the bulkhead easily once the dash is out.
what can i do with the wires which go to the seats and electric windows etc once the doors are stripped.

Lionel

If your not going to use this wires id cut them out the loom and only have what u need in the wireing loom etc .

As you stripping the A/C and heaters from the dash id also weld over the holes in the fire wall where the pipes went in to the car to so that will make the fire wall stronger.

If your not going for light weight doors like some people have id cut away as much metal as you can from the inside of the doors also remove all the glass.

If you can also aford it get the shell seem welded to make it stonger also get a good roll cage that can be welded in to A,B piller also the front strut tops.

Id talk to keiron on this forum about a FRP rear boot lid as this will solve your problem with waight and blanking off the hole left from the wiper.

cheers Lionel.

gtirtrack

cheers mate, how do i go about cutting the wires out, do i need to trace them back to where they start, i dont want any short circuits or anythin. i will blank the firewall holes, and i fabricate rollcages for a living so will be doin a full weld in cage myself. i have noticed there may be a group buy on fibreglass body parts which i will go for if there any good.

Lionel

Id follow them back to the start and remove them like that. who do you work for mate as i will be looking for a cage at some point.

gtirtrack

i work for gartrac motorsport fabrications, the cages aint cheap but they r the best cages u will get, made from scratch to any spec. perfect fit. the fact i am gonna be doin one for my car may make it a little cheaper than usual as i will just copy what i have already done, my one i have to work out from scratch. let me know if your interested.