strange rattling

stuarty

Ever since we had the car up the quarter mile the car has now developed a rattle that is increasingly getting worse/louder/annoying.......

Had the heat shield off on sat as its sounds like that kinda tinny rattly kind of thing but it still done it........

It sounds like its coming from front left bottom middlish area, and after reading a few threads think it might be the alternator but without the whirring sound and it does it all the time......from start up cold or warm and everywhere from 1500rpm to about 5-6.......

any ideas??

stugtir300

new to the forum today,should get my membership goodies soon,av owned the r now for around 18 months had the same problem with my alternater,if u look below the exhaust manifold towards the back of the alternater u will see where the bolt goes that diesel weasel was talking about,mine came loose and worked its way out,so i used some 8mm threaded bar 2 washers and 2 locking nuts,that was around 6 months ago now and not had a problem since.

stuarty

been trying to sort it out for a couple of days now bud but no joy.......tried all the heat shields and the bolt that holds on the alternator but no joy.......definitely seems to be coming from the alternator area......dunno what to try next.....