STRANGE NOISES??..

M

Macleod

COULD NE OF U GUYS OUT THERE HELP ME OUT AND TELL WOT THE NOISES R COMEN FROM MA MOTER?? NORMALY WHEN AM GOEN ROUND A CORNER AT FULL LOCK AT LOW SPEED...SOUNDS LIKE A GROANING GRINDING SOUND? NE HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!. :D

paz

Silly question but what size wheels have you got on the car and what offset, could have something to do with it, especially with it only being full lock.

Paz

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Obvious things to check are wheel bearing, tyre rubbing on wheel arch, brake disc dust gaurd thingy catching on the disc, cv joint or maybe power steering if you're holding it hard on full lock.

M

Macleod

THANX 4 ALL THAT GUYS LOADS TO LOOK AT...AL LET U KNOW HOW I GET ON... :D

Rav

jack the car up and while its in the air see if there is any play in the wheels. try shaking them side to side

T

Tart

Check the CV gators, if they have split its likely to be the joint collapsing due to loadsa shite in the joint... !!!

Musashi had this last month and when we took the wheel hub out the bearings had totally collapsed and just fell out of the hub with wot looked like the remains of the shim!!!! defo not good. The hub itself had about 2mm of wear on the inside as a result. Changin the wheel hub sorted that one out..... sounds v.familiar. Unless Im going mad I think the new bearings were bout £80 and if the wheel hub is worn thats about £130. All from your friendly mainline Nissan dealer!!!! As long as the old one isn't rusted in solid its easy enuff 2 change..