Straight Cut Gearbox

J

jakey_b

Hi all,

I know I don't currently even own a gtir but I was doing a bit of research and I cannot find a straight-cut box anywhere for it. :shock:

I spoke yesterday with a guy from Quaife, he explained that they used to make a 5 speed close ratio dog box, but was discontinued due to lack of demand.

Does anyone know of any companies that do a straight cut box? Or would it be a custom jobbie - i.e f#cking expensive lol

Also was researching into ALS systems and cant find any of them either - I may not be looking hard enough ?

maz

Yo, speak to Rishi as he is currently going through the process of having one fitted to his car, i think its something like the first 4 gears are straight cut PPG and the 5th will be a normal quaife. theres a thread some where about it somewhere, have a quick search!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Quaife used to make the TRUST Straight Cut Dog Box but not anymore...

I'm currently using the PPG Straight Cut Dog Box... You'll probably want one if you're aiming for over 550bhp...

Rishi

J

jakey_b

Ouch

Jesus Christ! I have just seen the price list! :shock:

Have you gone for the full whack 5spd dog box shell etc....?

Thats about the price I would be looking to spend on actually buying the whole motor lol

Did you have to get that imported over from the states?

J

jakey_b

Just realised that ppg is aus and not stateside. Still $9000 for the comp box though. A registered dealer in the UK is a company called ZEN Performance in northants. Where did you get yours done Rishi?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I bought my PPG direct from Aus and shipped it over via TNT... Arrived within 3 days from being sent...

When you really get into tuning you'll find that a gearbox is only a fraction of what the rest costs... Its not even worth adding it all up... :lol:

Rishi