Still Doesnt Wanna Pull!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hey all.
You may of read my previous post about timing being out and 20btdc not being obtainable. well that reason was found and fixed today.
the timing chain had skipped a link on the exhaust cam, so they put it back to where it should be an timing is now spot on..
BUT MY PROBLEM IS STILL THERE.
the car doesnt wanna rev freely to the limiter anything over 4500 5000 rpm and u loose power with boost dropping of.
THINGS THE GARAGE CHECKED.
--fault codes. all came up clear when the timing was put back to were it should be

-- Knoking, it isnt knoking anymore
-- compression and leakdown test, all good.

(i havent spoken to them since they have had it on the dyno for the
second/third time)
the mechanic did say that when driving it the boost dropped away at 5000rpm..
SO IF TIMING AND FUELING IS OK AND THERE IS NO FAULT CODES PRESENT ON THE ECU. OR WHEN THEY USE THE SCANNER CONSULT MACHINE.
Does anyone have any idea's on what may be causing this lack of pulling power??????

Ps.. turn the boost up and it works...off the gauge =good 13 psi = shitty.....got me fuucked.......
sorry for such a long post, hope someone may have some ideas of things that could be checked out...
thanks....Luke.....

C

charlie

maybe your turbo is on its way out? your airflow meter could be playing up? o the car is stuggling to get air in :?

i think airflow meter sounds possible

turblio

I know this sounds lame but my R had a similar prob where it would
pull okish to 4750/5000 then felt strangled after spending a fortune on
dis cap rotor arm etc, I replaced the fuel filter and christ it flew! dunno if you have done this but well worth a try!
Frank
ps surprised about the timing chain :shock:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I can't see a timing chain sliping a link :shock: The cam might have just been put back wrong in the first place.

Just wondering if now it's running 20degs, could it be starting to det? It would have been retarded before and not detting, but the exhaust timing was holding it back. Now it's advanced maybe it's detting. Can you get hold of any octane booster to try along with some optimax or sul. What fuel are you using at the moment?

Do you have a standard boost guage or an after market one? If it's standard maybe you're overboosting. Have you checked for air leaks anywhere? and made sure the wastegate boost pipe is connected to the plenum and boost solenoid (or blanked off if you have a dawes device fitted)

A

Anonymous

I had a dodgy connection to the maf that did this, didn't register a fault code, but it was the problem

DAN