stevepudney

nismo-400R

hi,question for stevepudney,bought some of your bonnet spacers and they do everythin they say on the pack,just wanted to know would rain effect anythin with the bonnet bein rasied at the rear as i use my r as a daily driver,cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I doubt it. I have a normal bonnet at the moment with the vent blanks out and no top mount, so loads of rain can get in when it does rain, I don't seem to have any problems. Mine's a daily driver too.

rossdj1983

i asked the same question , he said it will be ok because there is a gulley before the engine bay

but one thing i do wonder is weather or not it messes with the bonnet catch?

O

Odin

I can't see how any water is going to get anywhere near the engine after fitting these spacers, Like fastfool said you'd get loads more water coming in through the bonnet bulge so I wouldn't worry about it.

Rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
No, you'll be fine.

Opening up the rear edge of the bonnet isn’t really going to let any rain or “car washing” water in.
Any rain or “car washing” water that runs down the windscreen e.t.c. will still drain into the channel/gutter (under the windscreen wipers plastic scuttle panel) that was designed to take this run off water.

I assume you’re taking the normal precautions of covering the spark plug valley in the rocker cover with some sort of spark plug cover.

Like I say in the original thread about these spacers, I have had these spacers fitted to my (daily driver) car for way over a year, I have removed the plastic panels on the underside of the small bonnet vents and run with no spark plug cover, no problem at all.

Steve

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
rossdj1983 said:
i asked the same question , he said it will be ok because there is a gulley before the engine bay

but one thing i do wonder is weather or not it messes with the bonnet catch?
If you fit the spacers as per my fitting instructions supplied with the kit the catch works as it did.

If you fit 2 pairs (taking the rear of the bonnet up 20mm) of these spacers like I did as an experiment, then and only then, does the catch require slight adjustment.

Steve