steering..

turbazz

ever since i got my car the steering seems so tough to turn..does not feel right. what shall i check to diagnose the problem?....or are they meant to be like this? also there is an aftermarket wheel on it..another thing i should add when its cold (first start of the day) now as am about to pull of lets say for example i move the wheel a fraction theres a delayed response and it judders.. after its warm its just stifff..feels like its 60-70% power steering...theres no noises or leaks.

Last edited:

pulsar_stu

Have you checked the power steering fluid?

might be low or the wrong fluid in there, or the pump might be shagged.

Gtirchris

Sounds like the pump isn't providing enough pressure or the relief valve in the pump is sticking if you've got juddering and low power assistance mate, or it could simply be that the drivebelt isn't tight enough?.

j0ff

I remember dressing the engine bay once and using a touch of silicone spray. Steering wasnt happy after that and juddered. Turned out that the belt was slightly slack and silicone spray made it slip really badly without squeaking.

bensmith907

The rear belt and the rear pully. Its righty tighty on that tensioner after loosening the locking bolt. Don't go too tight you want it so the belt can still twist 90degreese

Last edited: