steering wheel

nismoboy

ive got a problem with my steering wheel, when the wheels are straight the steering wheel points slightly of centre too the left :?: my car has an aftermarket steering wheel on (momo champion) and looks like it has a boss kit. How can i fix this problem? could it be the boss kit? or wheel alignment? any ideas?. I drives fine no wobble from the steering wheel its just off centre. cheers nis.

paz

Its probably the boss kit, the one on my R is fucking ridiculous, took 2 mins to take off and 2 hours to fit again!!! :roll: :lol:

It looked as though if you fitted the boss in someways it wasn't aligned correctly, try taking it off and refitting ;)

Paz

D

Dee 1

Wheels

It could also be that you need your wheels alignment checked as that can put it out a bit 8)

R

rx7rotary

Dude,

get ure wheels as straight as possible, dont worry about steering wheel position,

take off the siren cap, loosen off the main nut inside, take it off, take steering wheel off, if u have problem taking steering wheel off, smack it with both hands on the sides of the steering wheel, thats the only way it will come off.

When steering wheel is off, set it straight and put it back on, thats all.

If u need more help let me know.

Marko
NZ

nismoboy

rx7rotary said:
Dude,

get ure wheels as straight as possible, dont worry about steering wheel position,

take off the siren cap, loosen off the main nut inside, take it off, take steering wheel off, if u have problem taking steering wheel off, smack it with both hands on the sides of the steering wheel, thats the only way it will come off.

When steering wheel is off, set it straight and put it back on, thats all.

If u need more help let me know.

Marko
NZ
nice one matey cheers for your help :wink:

S

si.c R

Also try not to do it with the steering lock on as this will also not be straight.

mohsan

i have the same problem

i have the same problem,even after tracking and balancing,it still goes to the left slightly was told that it was to do with the way nissan had manufactured the car.so it can only be the steering wheel that needs to be taken off then,il give it a go