Steering Wheel Won't Come Off

Curtis

I took mine of years ago... But I'm sure that there is nothing else to remove. Probably just stuck!

Curtis
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!

J

Jon

wd40 & then hammer time!
it'll come off,
just needs a gentle reminder of who's boss [:D]

G

GTI-R Kid

Are you planning on using the same wheel again or is it coming off to be replaced?

To answer ur question - no theres nothing else holding it on, but it will prob need a bit (a lot) of persuasion to come off if its not been off before.

Rob

zia

skid put the nut back on until it,s flush with spigot using a drift thats the same dia whack it with a hammer,make sure the steering lock is off,should pop off!![:D]

lord of the "R"

J

jasegould

Get your knees under it aswell while u hit it

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

J

Jon

whow oh, whoh oh, cant touch this..hammer time

sorry skiddus, couldnt help myself...[:D].

A

Anonymous

THere is nothing else holding it on, its just really tight, u can try hammering and pulling and pushing and fighting all you want and most of the times it comes off but the real easy way to do it is to get urself or make a pulley with a screw in the middle and as u screw the middle of the pulley the steering wheel pops off......no effort involved

In da integra and civic
switching fo' lanes
wit da pedal down screeming out racin' aint a thing

E

Evil_GtiR

Spray some wd40 onto the large central nut and wait a couple of minutes. Should come off easily then.

Cris

Hoorah! Other people who use my favourite tool.

McHammer - Low quality rapper
McDs - Low quality burger

Coincidence?

A

Anonymous

when u take off the 19mm centre bolt there should be two smaller threaded holes opposite each other.
noe get a small piece of metal drill two holes in it the sam distance apart as the threaded holes then get two 12mm bolts put the bolts into the piece of metal and screw the bolts into the holes the steering wheel should just pop off.

J

jasegould

Special tool number 1..'kin great hammer!!

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!