Steering wheel boss very stuck.

scottyd

Tried to take my steering wheel boss off today, but to no avail, i just want to make sure there is only the big nut that is holding it on (the one in the centre).

I took the nut off but the boss will not budge, i have hit it with hammers, swung from it, chewed on it, shouted at it, apologised to it but it will still not come loose, please assure me there is nothing else fixing it in place, and any tried and tested methods of removing it will be nice to hear.

Thanks,
Scott.

Keira

leave the nut on the end so the wheel doesn't smack you in the face and start whacking it with something on alternate sides until it comes off

P

pulsarboby

or get a pointed chisel or half inch socket bar is better, place it in the centre of the threaded bolt, get a big big hammer and give it one almighty sharp rap, it will then break loose off the taper. if it doesnt then you need a bigger hammer, or a bigger set of arms to swing the hammer lol

scottyd

Borrowed a C shape clamp thingy with a screw in the middle from work, put the ends of the C shape behing the boss, and screwed the centre screw in towards the centre of the boss (where the nut goes), came off straight away. Work does have it's benefits sometimes. Now my steering wheel is nice and straight.