Std turbo:what kind of housing?

Jobi Joba

I wanna a have a spare turbo...just in case I have a failure on my GTRS.So,as my std turbo seemed in good condition,I've decided to check it seriously.

And here comes the surprise...I have a lot of cracks on my exhaust housing... :shock: So I need to change it.

My question is:do T28 have special exhaust housings or they are just like T25s?

Thx!

C

charlie

according to nikkos post in the tuning section, its a standard t3 housing

S

Sirnixalot

as per the sticky

Pulsar GTi-R: T-28,
60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in standard T-3 housing.

79 trim 53.8mm Inco T-25 turbine wheel .86 A/R turbine housing. Journal bearings

Jobi Joba

Sirnixalot said:
as per the sticky

Pulsar GTi-R: T-28,
60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in standard T-3 housing.

79 trim 53.8mm Inco T-25 turbine wheel .86 A/R turbine housing. Journal bearings
Ok!!Got it now!!!So there's only the turbine wheel which comes from the T25,both housings come from std T3!!Thx Sirnix!!

S

Sirnixalot

not quite Jobi....the whole of the turbine side is form a T-25. THe housing and the wheel. THe compressor side is from a T3. Hence the T-28 designation

Jobi Joba

Sirnixalot said:
not quite Jobi....the whole of the turbine side is form a T-25. THe housing and the wheel. THe compressor side is from a T3. Hence the T-28 designation
Ok,so I gotta find a T25 turbine housing!!! :wink:
So I was right actually...(see my first message)

Thx a lot! ;)

(BTW:a GTRS is still a "T28" or is it different?Please don't answer telling me the size of the wheels,etc...I just want to know if it's T3 type,or stuff like that... ;) errrr...one day I'll have to learn more about turbos!!Actually I'm quite surprised the GTRS is able to produce 400bhp being so small...)