standard pump v walbro???

P

pulsarboby

has anyone on here actually carried out a physical flow test on a standard jap pulsar fuel pump?

if so i would be interested to know what readings you got (not whats in a book)
reason i ask is that someone contacted me the other day and did this test with a stop watch and he got exactly 5ltr in 1 minute which equates to 300lph
if this is the case then the oe pump has a better output than a walbro at 255lph:?

im gonna try this test myself sometime this week but run both pumps together off same battery to see what the difference is between them, first one to fill a container is obviously the stronger pump.
just wondered if anyone else has tried this?

jsbuds

I got sometihng better you could use Bob. How about a wier guage(flow cup). It will accurately measure your litres per minute. GImme a tinkle if need be.

red reading

you need to measure the flow at a fixed pressure and voltage (think walbro flow 255lph at 3bar) to compare them

bernieGTIR

i'v also noticed that there is a voltage drop from the battery to the pump on my R by 3V which is not going to help. i have now got a direct feed from the battery to the pump via a relay which is operated by the std supply.