standard engine

gl3nn

Hi all just wondering if any 1 nos how much a standard engine can take, I am running 320 with boost controller and front mount, just don't want to push it to much, thanks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Eh? I don't understand the question.

Are you asking how much power can you make on standard internals? Or are you asking how much power you could make with just the boost controller and a front mount? - Because if all you've done is put a boost controller on and a front mount... then dialled the boost up until you got to 320bhp; expect it to go bang soon! Without uprating the fuelling to cope with the added boost (you're at about 1.2 bar?) the car will just lean-out and that's when things start breaking. If you've already got the pump sorted, then ignore my dire warning... if you've got a standard ECU you've gone off the top of the fuelling map already, so that's about as much as you'll get without remapping (but with an uprated pump it seems to balance out).

If you do the supporting mods, you can push about 400bhp from standard internals.

gl3nn

sorry my thread didnt make much sense, basically i have brought a pulsar it has bosch motorsport fuel pump, so fuelling should be ok, but i dont want to push the standrd engine to its limit as its not forged etc, i didnt no how much standard internals were limited to as obviously dont want to blow up engine:doh: thanks

Tim

Don't trust anything the previous owner has said with regards to tuning unless you have spoken to the tuner...

If i was you, i would take it to someone you trust and having the fueling checked before you start to really give the car some stick .. for piece of mind and to save your wallet :)

npulsar

i think im going to get my r remaped to get the most i can from the std engine i think iv got around 330bhp.
iv got walbro 255
sard 700cc injector's
z32 afm with hks filter
blitz fmic
greedy dijy boost controller set at 1.2 bar
full mongoose system de cat
dp manifold with 3071 r
std ecu with maped eproms set at 1.2 bar 99ron fuel
iridium plug's with 8mm lead's hope i can get around the 400hp mark.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
In the past people have got 399bhp from standard engines, but that was from good mapping, thought into its set-up and modifications to match.

Before any messing around, get down to your local dyno shop and have the fuelling and DET checked.

Once that’s done, you can then look at others areas; but DO NOT forget, with more bhp will come other areas to upgrade such as brakes and suspension.

These areas are most important before anyone gets carried away with engine mod's.

npulsar

In the past people have got 399bhp from standard engines, but that was from good mapping, thought into its set-up and modifications to match.

Before any messing around, get down to your local dyno shop and have the fuelling and DET checked.

Once that’s done, you can then look at others areas; but DO NOT forget, with more bhp will come other areas to upgrade such as brakes and suspension.

These areas are most important before anyone gets carried away with engine mod's.
thank's for the info mate iv got the car sorted
with full omp cage bucket's harneses
super street's white line arb's bushes.
4pot's 308mm two piece front's
300mm two piece rear's red stuff pad's
goodridge line's all round. handle's and stop's spot on
just want to push it to the max until i get forged.:thumbsup: