standard clutch release fork

M

mynheers_a_pint

Hi all,

I'm hopeing someone on here may have a standard clutch release fork forsale that is in good condition. The major issue is that i need it... very soon. If anyone can let me know if they have one asap, it would be aprpeciated. I had a reinforced one but it looks as though the process of heating the fork made it brittle causing it to snap. I would be interested in another uprated one but this time round, I'd hope it wouldn't snap...

Thanks!

P

pulsarboby

just like to point out this is not one of ours, as far as i know all that weve sold are trouble free!

M

mynheers_a_pint

just like to point out this is not one of ours, as far as i know all that weve sold are trouble free!
Correct. And with that track record... Whats the lead time on an uprated fork bob?

It did break in a way strang way though- i'll chuck a pic up when i get it for evaluation/piss taking.

Ta.

Braveheart

Buy a new one from Mr Nissan.... make sure your release bearing, splines and rubber gatter are in good nick and off you go.

P

pulsarboby

Correct. And with that track record... Whats the lead time on an uprated fork bob?

It did break in a way strang way though- i'll chuck a pic up when i get it for evaluation/piss taking.

Ta.
yep put a pic up of it liam, if its been overwelded (so to speak) it will weaken the fork or if just the centre part has been welded then thats as much use as nothing (worse infact).
it needs to be a shaped plate to the edges of the fork welded to the perimiter edges or the outer part of fork will snap.....as what happens to many stock forks with heavy clutches fitted, ive had mine fitted in my car for 4 years now with a fairly heavy os giken and no problem atall

can get one made for you on monday if you want to go that route

M

mynheers_a_pint

spines and bearing seem to have gotten away unscathed but the gater is el fucko'd.

I'll give nissan a go but i'm worried they will be silly expensive..!

Braveheart

I bought a new fork a few year back and it was under £60... the gaiter is cheap! I think it's alway worth fitting a new bearing at the same time but maybe your bearing is relatively new.
I have the notorious RPS streetmax clutch fitted and it feel good with no sign of fork flex. (touch wood)
Bob's clutch fork reinforcement sounds spot on but as he's stated, if it's not done correctly it can make an OE fork weaker by bracing the wrong part and or changing the temper of the metal making it either brittle or soft.

M

mynheers_a_pint

ACT extreme organic in mine and brand new release bearing. I'll give Nissan a go and see what they say. Chances are the price 2 years ago has shot up astronimically because the manufacturing quantities are so low.

M

mynheers_a_pint

sod it, Bob i'll take a reinforced one- as much as a new one will probably be fine, I sat thinking about it and without some form of reinforcement, I can see it failing, based on my current track record.

Paypal ok?