standard brakes wit ABS removed

Gaz gtiR

hi ive still got the std brakes on my R :roll: im just wondering are they are any better with ABS removed as im not in a position to buy uprated brakes at the min. im not expecting a hell of a lot of difference. just a little bit more bite out of them would help! if so what do i need to do to remove ABS?

cheers
Gaz :)

skiddusmarkus

I'm not sure that removing it will give you more bite as surely it isn't operating until the wheels start to lock, so the brakes have already "bitten".

Just save up and get an evo caliper setup or some 4 pots.They do come up very now and again.If you want to see what the car stops like with decent brakes come round to mine some time and I'll show you(300mm & 4 pots on the front, 285mm on the rears)so you can decide if its worth the money.

Gaz gtiR

yes that would be good. where in derbyshire are you? im near buxton & floating round chesterfeild every other nite as the mrs lives there. so if ur near i could meet you 1 nite??

Gaz gtiR

rite. she lives near the petrol station next to netto. dont no why i didnt say that in the firstplace? lol so bout a mile from donut. i may be over there shortly or friday nite! if you want to pm me your number i can give you a txt when im there its usualy around 8.30ish