Stainless Manifold Fitted!!!

A

a11ova

Before i start off, must say a massive thankyou to lee, daz and daz for doing the job for me. Not only did they fit my manifold, but they went that extra mile with messing about making sure it was perfect. I cant thank them enough and my 'R' will be going back again in a few weeks to have the front mount fitted. Seriously tho, if u need just about anything doing, get hold of lee (sickboy) and he will look after you :) and sort you out with not only a brilliant price, but quality teaboy services too :p

Right then, finally got around to pullin the finger out and got teh boys to fit it for me along with replacing a non-exsistant gasket. Think the lads will agree that its a suprisingly near perfect fit..........unless your runing a top mount intercooler then its a bit of an ****. Considering im running standard boost and minimal mods, i was suprised by the difference it made. It hasnt added rediculous power or anything but the car seems to pull a lot smoother and i would even stick my neck out and say it pulls a tad harder too. Will be interesting to see the effects with new 3" system from turbo back makes which will be coming very shortly.

Some pics of it in the bay (ignore rest of the engine, i klnow its a nail as lee seemed compelled to remind me every 5 mins :p )

Note the spacer needed to space the intercooler to turbo hardpipe due to fouling on manifold. Just one of the many things the lads sorted for me.

SickBoy

;-) Does a bit , when it all goes back together you suddenly realise that with a top mont you need a spacer in the intercooler hard pipe . And with only one gasket and everywhere being shut a good sealant had to be used.

So out came the hubba bubba :lol: . Front Mount goes on very shortly so was not to much to worry about . Infact it holds very well but would recomend rasberry next time

Lee

daz

glad its all ok kev. was a bit of a bummer to get the old bits off but after that it was not too bad. seems my pulsar workshop is getting a reputation..... a good one i hope ;);) so you still want me to do the front mount?? and a clutch at some stage ??being honest kev it could do with a rocker gasket aswell but thats up too you. just remember daz and daz did the work lee made the tea or coffee in my case heheehe

GtiR`BoD

SickBoy said:
;-) Does a bit , when it all goes back together you suddenly realise that with a top mont you need a spacer in the intercooler hard pipe . And with only one gasket and everywhere being shut a good sealant had to be used.

So out came the hubba bubba :lol: . Front Mount goes on very shortly so was not to much to worry about . Infact it holds very well but would recomend rasberry next time

Lee
yea agreed other flavours just dont cut it ;-)

C

Crazy

Did you guys have to remove the turbo and elbow stuff or can you just remove the manifold with the Turbo in situ?????

SickBoy

We had to renew gaskets as well so we took elbow off then manifold and turbo out together ,....

Lee

A

a11ova

daz said:
glad its all ok kev. was a bit of a bummer to get the old bits off but after that it was not too bad. seems my pulsar workshop is getting a reputation..... a good one i hope ;);) so you still want me to do the front mount?? and a clutch at some stage ??being honest kev it could do with a rocker gasket aswell but thats up too you. just remember daz and daz did the work lee made the tea or coffee in my case heheehe
yes mate, would like the intercooler doing in a few weeks if thats ok mate. Will re-new the rockercover gasket whilst its in the bodyshop next week as the rocker cover is being powder coted for the huge sum of £15 :D

j10gtr

Does a bit , when it all goes back together you suddenly realise that with a top mont you need a spacer in the intercooler hard pipe . And with only one gasket and everywhere being shut a good sealant had to be used.

Does that mean the turbo wasnt in the same place on the new manifold then ?

Thanks
Paul

SickBoy

no m8 was in exactly the same place just to higher the hard pipe to the intercooler up a tad that was all

Lee

A

a11ova

turbo is in the same place chap, just that when fitted to the car the top of the manifold sits slightly higher than the stock item so fouls on the hard pipe 8)