Stage 1 Hybrid Turbo

C

cyberkiller56

Hi there

just wondering what work is done to the stock T28 to make it a Stage 1 Hybrid?? will it be ball bearing or will it just be work on the internals?? and will it be quicker spool or higher peak boost?? more bhp at each psi level?

also how would that turbo compare with a T3 from a sierra cosworth?

any help would be great

Raz

Keira

stage 1 generally have a 360 thrust bearing which allow higher boost levels with added reliabillity.

C

cyberkiller56

interesting..is there a website somewhere outling what the different stages include....this Stage 1 does not have ball bearing i was told but nevertheless it must be a lot better than the Stock turbo...a lot more performance??

any idea how it compares to a T3 from a sierra cossie?

Raz

T

Toady

as kieron said, they are just able to hold higher boost more reliably, mines been rated to a max of 1.4bar reliably...so im told! :lol:

Keira

cyberkiller56 said:
interesting..is there a website somewhere outling what the different stages include....this Stage 1 does not have ball bearing i was told but nevertheless it must be a lot better than the Stock turbo...a lot more performance??

any idea how it compares to a T3 from a sierra cossie?

Raz
thrust bearing is not ball bearing core... it is little more than a washer with oil galleys and ramps, 360 just means its a complete circle, for some reason turbo manufacturers use 270 or less, which is like a circle with abit cut out. Ball bearing turbos are abit different and more expensive, much quicker spool up 8)

the t28 has a t3 compressor although the cossie tubby has a bigger exhuast side i think, T28 spools up quicker (less lag) cossie t3 flows more when it gets going.

could try www.turbotechnics.co.uk

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They may change the compressor wheel and cut back the turbine blades too. You should normally be able to get more power with less lag on a stage1.