SRP Short Shifter

A

Anonymous

has any one fitted this short shifter i found i on ebay

If so any good.

A

AZ STE

Ive fited one bit of a pig of a job if you arent able to put the car on a real garage hoist. You have to put it together a certain way also to make it work properly,will advise on this if you are going to buy one. :wink:

gtirpulsar

I gave mine to a friend who fitted 12mm race ball bearings as opposed to the 8mm it was supplied with (designed for a sentra/almera/N15). This allows me to use the factory bolt.
You can however exchange it for an 8mm bolt and sleeve one end to fill the 12mm hole at one side of the fork (easier) and becomes apparent if you were to do a preinspection before attempting to remove the gearlever and reassemble (can be done underneath the car without removing too much)

Ditto on the gear shift stabiliser bushes - makes your gearbox feel 5 years younger.

D

daBOODA

Forgive my ignorance ...

do the shift stablisers fix the 'saggy shifter' problem you get with the gear stick not having much resistance when you push it left (1st and 2nd)? The shifter in my car has this problem, you push it right from neutral and it's real stiff, but when you push it left it's not stiff at all (probably because the majority of shifting is between 1st, 2nd and 3rd)

E

Evil_GtiR

yeah I fitted in the SRP shifter, my shifter is still wriggly, same as before with factory shifter. Any ways to fix this?

B

blr123

Ditto on the gear shift stabiliser bushes - makes your gearbox feel 5 years younger.[/quote]

Hey Kev what's the story do they have to come from OZ or are they available in the UK :?: :wink:

Cheers Bryan

gtirpulsar

The gear shift stabiliser bushes are on the opposite end to the gear selector and on the other gear linkage bar. They do not cure the wiggle in neutral (thats to do with a spring in the gearbox) or wiggle in the lever once gear is selected (dunno what causes that). But they do make the gearshift itself feel considerably more solid (as it's bushing a moving part as you select gear)

To the best of my knowledge no one else makes these bushes (like I thought with the steering rack bushes). I suppose I could organise a group buy to reduce shipping and/or transaction costs. I'll try and talk to him over the next couple of days and see what he says.
For starters they are AUD$40 ~ £16
I'll pre warn you my bushes had a couple of air bubbles in (couple of mm wide) so are not as perfect to look at as some. Even so they are a major improvement on standard.

B

blr123

Kev,

Any joy, did you manage to talk to the lad :?:

And you have PM :wink:

Cheers Bryan