SR20DET

H

hum

WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN ALL THE SR20DET engines.

i have been offered SR20DET STAINLESS EQUAL TUBULAR MANIFOLD,
but htey do not know if it is from a gtir of one of teh other cars with this engine,

will this product fit my car, or are the manifolds on this engine diffrent depending on what car it is in.

i have aslo just brought a DUAL CHAMBER turbo ELBOW and the same problem with this, they do not know what car it is from. but advert says it fits FOR S13 24OSX

180SX

200SX

GTi

BLUEBIRD, BLACKBIRD, ETC...

Turbo Downpipe / Dump Pipe

MATCHES FOR THE
T25 / T28

also US swaps:

1989-1998 Nissan 240SX w/ SR20DET
1989-1998 Nissan 180SX
1989-1998 Nissan Silvia S13, S14, S14a

can you help

thanks
ryan

J

J-GTi-R

That sounds like that damn 200SX tubular manifold that keeps popping up on here (it can be found on e-bay regularly). No it won't fit without far too much work to make it worthwhile.

I'm not the turbo expert on here (ask Nikko for turbo advice) but I can't see a turbo elbow from a 200SX fitting either, the problem is transverse applications of the SR20DET require completely different exhaust setups to longitundinal SR20DET applications.

skiddusmarkus

Probably best off sticking them on ebay or selling them on a 200sx forum.There's been a lot of posts about these and they don't work without hassle.
If you really want to fit the manifold though,you'll need a new downpipe fabricating and probably new oil and water feed&return pipes for the turbo.It might also need a bracket welding on to brace it against the car and stop it cracking under the weight of the turbo which is pretty heavy.Chances are the inlet pipe will o longer line up as well.

H

hum

thanks for your help, i will tell teh supplier that i do not need them anymore.

ryan