sr20det oil squirters!!?? and manual's

A

Anonymous

hi i am in the prosess of a engine rebuild and got a few questions for the technical people in the forum.

i know there are differences between the sr20det engines,th pulsar engine has oil squirters in the engine does it effect any positioning/useage of these when u bore the cylinders out to a 2.2 stroker kit or even to use 87mm piston's can they be got rid off???or do they need uprating .do they make a difference to heat distrbution with forged pistons.
when u have a rebore to fit 87mm pistons and a rebuild the oil squirtes have to be replaced or not??
no body seams to menton these in post is that because they are not really used/ not so important??
lol or ave i got all mixed up and they in the silvia engine??? duh!!

also i seen the sticky's for some parts of the manual's but i read somewhere there are 3 parts not 2??? this true???
'' Theres actually 3 volumes first is to do with the engine,fuel system, cooling etc the second is about everything else transmission,brakes,steering, body, electrics etc and the third is a supplement '' quote by ginga in another post

anybody rekon its worth going to nissan to get the manual's or would they fob me off? the £200 dont matter to much so long as i got one !!lol within a reasonable time( heard there was a huge waiting time)
is there a place i could get one in this country without a huge wait or would i have to go to the pitstop.net.au website to get it??that site reliable?
also seams to be a quiet subject this manual on cd has anybody done it yet lol??
any help and or abuse always welcome :p
cheers
shiftycg
craig

A

Anonymous

oops meant to put this in general discution
move it if it is wrong admin/moderators

A

Anonymous

shiftycg said:
i know there are differences between the sr20det engines,th pulsar engine has oil squirters in the engine does it effect any positioning/useage of these when u bore the cylinders out to a 2.2 stroker kit or even to use 87mm piston's can they be got rid off???or do they need uprating .do they make a difference to heat distrbution with forged pistons.
when u have a rebore to fit 87mm pistons and a rebuild the oil squirtes have to be replaced or not??
craig
the oil squirter is a drilling in the rod which directs oil at the underside of the piston so it makes no odds what size your pistons are.

i believe that the jun stroker kit using their rods does not have any oil jets but i`ve retained them for peace of mind on my kit.

i suppose it could be argued that the rods are stronger without the oil drilling but i`d rather have the extra piston cooling.

skiddusmarkus

I didn't know the squirters were in the rod :oops: .I've seen some Tomei pistons that have extra channels in them for oil to flow through but they are an extra £400 on top of the normal ones(£600).Worth considering if you change rods.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that.
ahh that would be why they dont show up on the s&e part number manual then lol.
so then.. i have read that the sr20det silvia pistons wont fit in the rnn14 sr20det due to the oil squirters and that the skirt on the bottem can knock off the tips of the oil squirters, think that was in the sr20 forum( i will see if i can dig the posts out), why would this happen if the squirters are in the rods?? or is that because on those other types of sr20det engine's they have different set up for the squirters? some of the pistons i have seen have had cut outs on the bottem( sort of a semi cirrcle on the skirt) i always thought this was for the oil squirters???any ideas what that could be?

dam engine internals and my curious mind
shiftycg
craig

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The mystery of the oil squirters

This might answer a few questions

The first 2 shots are of a single squirter detached from the inside of the block, the oil enters the squirter via a channel in the block up through the inside of the bolt and out through the small hole in the end of the pipe.
The second 2 shots are of the squirter in position attached to the inside of the block.

as you can see there not on the rods, there attached to the inside of the block and squirt oil through the hole in the end of the pipe and up on the underside of the piston.
These can only be found on the GTi-R version of the SR20DET engine and pistons to suit this engine have special cut outs in the skirt of the piston to accommodate the squirter.

G

gagge

How do I know if a specific piston will fit or not? I am about to by 87mm CP pistons, originally from JGYcustoms.com
Will these fit or do I have to do anything about the squirters ?