splutter weird one?

doggydowg

splutter weird one/fixd re gapd spark plugs;-)

Hiya guys

Recently turnd my boost up from std and took it to rollers to get checked it made 291bhp @ 12.5 psi fueling was spot on.

I then upd the boost to 1 bar and it runs that fine in 3rd 4th and 5th however if i boot it in 2nd at a bar it splutters at about 4-5k for a split second then carrys on.

Ive turnd the boost down and it doesnt splutter in 2nd but now it does it in 1st if i run anything over 0.7-0.8 of a bar.

I have 3 quarters fuel in the tank, a new fuel filter and a walbo 255 in the fuel tank.

im running grade 8 hks or denso plugs and 97 ron and cant see why is is pluttering in 1st or 2nd at higher boost but not in 4th and 5th when it would actualy be using more fuel?

Surely i cant be getting fuel surge with 3 quarters of a tank?

Any help much appricated thanks Paul.

Last edited:

doggydowg

Some more info that mite be relivant, when i turn the igntion off i get 2 flashes of abs lite or one this is either front left or right actuator solinoid could this be reliated?

i have my bleedvalve fitted inbetween actuator and the solinoid pipe.

i just dont get how i can run a bar in 3rd fourth and 5th but not in 1st or 2nd?

N

nellypayton

have you tried tesco 99ron and is your fuel filter workng properly?

GTIR_Dan

could be blowing ur spark out due to the increased boost, try closing ur plug gaps up a bit. What gap you set them at?

doggydowg

just run a fault code check and it came up 5long 5short so all is fine.

surely if my fuel was not high anough ron it would do it in higher gears also not just first?

fuel filter is a couple wks old.

I checked gaps on plugs and they are correct gap for my heat range which is grade 8.

is it possible to blow spark out in first but not in 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th?

what plug gap do you recomend for a bar?

doggydowg

fuel pump is wokring fine took it to surrey rolling road 2 weeks ago and the afrs were very good dropping as low as 10s at higher revs so plenty of fuel but of course that was in 4th not 1st.

This is doing my head in to stop it doing this ive had to set bleed valve between 0.7-0.8 so basicly im running std boost.

doggydowg

Could there possible be a faulty earth to my maf wihch under hard snapy excellearion ie first comes loose and causes this?

Where is the wire in located (sorry i am new to gtirs)

Also what is a G sensor was just looking under abs fault codes and tried searching but it comes up with the word sensor allot on here;_)

thanks Paul.

Animaldaz

I had a faulty ABS G sensor, its located under the ashtray/centre console area. I think its a motion sensor that measures 'G'

doggydowg

What are symptoms of faulty g sensor?

Ive only ever drive car hard when its warmd up so not sure if it does it when its cold.

Animaldaz

the only symptom i had was the ABS light cam on intermittantly when cornering. ABS fault code check easily revealed the problem

doggydowg

only thing i can think to cure this is buya electronic boost controller that has controll over boost in each gear, would such a boost controller work on a gtir and how would i go about riging it like this?

doggydowg

I have phoned up a guy i got given the name of Edd from fusion motorsports i think, He advised me to re gap my spark plugs from 8 down to 7.

What will reducing the gap do and how would this effect performance?

Its down on my list to do 2m along with re earth MAF.

doggydowg

as its quite a pain getting plugs out as i got a std top mount still i mite just go straight for a gap of .6 from .8 will this be ok plan on running a bar once ive sorted this problem out.

doggydowg

Have just checkd my maf earth reading and it is 0.9 - 09.1 so earth on that is fine.

Looks like its time to regap plugs why it have to snow today of all days when i actualy have some time to work on car lol.

doggydowg

After lots of ****ing around turnd out to be spark plugs at fault they were gappd between 8 and over 10!

Have changed all plugs to 6.5 pulls clean as in 1st and seems allot quicker now madness.

Seem to be getting a few more pops now, should i get more fueling re checkd on rollers or will this be same, seems like a different car now;-)

Thanks for everyones input.