Speedo

S

Sam P

Hi I have a Pulsar GTI-R and as usual the speedo has died i have a spare set of clocks burt cannot get them to work for the life of me. I was just wondering if there is any1 in the leeds area that knows what they are doing as i hate electric. I dont mind travelling and will pay who ever does it. Please let me know as its driving me mad thanks,

Sam:thumbsup:

geoff pine

Have you checked that the clocks are from the same year as there was a change on the clocks but im not sure when. The center plug was changed so check to see if the wiring on the back of the clocks is the same around the middle plug.

S

Sam P

can i just take the clock out and put them in original casing

Fusion Ed

mostly its bad solder joints, i have fixed these in the past simply going over every joint on the speedo pcb.

S

Sam P

are you local to leeds mate as i have had enough lol and would gladly pay

Fusion Ed

I'm south of the M25, you can send them to me if you get really stuck. I am able to test/calibrate them and repair depending on fault.

S

Sam P

Well if i send you the 2 sets of clocks could you have a look and make 1 working set and how much would you charge me ?

Thanks

Sam

Trip

The speedo clock inside the cluster should be interchangable. Its just a matter of opening it up.

S

Sam P

Hi there i changed it last night, i have made some progress as the milometer had stopped working but ive fixed that now, but i still cant make the speedo work. The joys of a Pulsar

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Your delimiter might have failed, if so, there was nothing wrong with the clocks in the first place.

S

Sam P

Were abouts in north yorkshire are you mate if i came to see you would you be able to look at if for me as its really p*%sing me off now. If the de limiter has failed would it mean the car would go back to been limited again ?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They tend to be limited again when the speedo stops working, but normally it's the delimiter that's caused it, so the speedo signal isn't getting to the clocks. The delimiter can either be on the back of the clocks, you should see it wired into the harness, or in the engine bay by the water bottle fues box. Sometimes it's wired in by the ecu.
It should be a small black box about 1" square with 4-6 wires in it.
I'm about 15miles north of you.

S

Sam P

would i be able to meet you at the weekend to see if you can sort the problem ?? it would be much appreciated my number is 07799356615 let me know thanks

Sam

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Possibly. I'm working both days and on standby so not sure when's best to meet at the moment.

S

Sam P

Thats fine or 1 nite through the week would be great were abouts are you based