Speedo not working

richb

Hi ppl i am having trouble with my speedo dial it doesnt work,i thought it was the clocks so i brought some second hand clocks and its still the same everything else works but the speedo,any 1 help?cheers

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Can you give us a bit more information; does the speedo do anything at all or is it completely dead?

Chances are that if it's not the clocks it's actually the sender on the top of the transfer case; it's just a little dynamo, so the teeth wear-out and it stops spinning (or only catches at certain speeds).

Spikey

My speedo dont work either and the temp showing to hot. But it must eb the loom as i have Replaced the clocks but speedo stays dead.

johnny gtir

how long you had the car chance they have not pluged sender in if they have changed the box at some stage if its just happened and you have had the car a while this wont apply

richb

had the car a year brought it as a project and rebuilt the engine will check the sender is it on the gearbox?

johnny gtir

Chances are that if it's not the clocks it's actually the sender on the top of the transfer case; it's just a little dynamo, so the teeth wear-out and it stops spinning (or only catches at certain speeds). as pobody has said above. i would check the plug first make sure its pluged in if it is chances are its the above

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try checking if you have a delimiter fitted too. If these fail they kill the speedo signal and your speedo stops working.