spark plugs ???

hi

i would like to know what plugs to put in the car its pretty standard i think it has air filter exhaust and dump valve.

bought car with engine rebuild it finished the running in period 300 miles ago and since the day it had finished rrunning in it wont rev over 5000 some times 4000.

i have been told to change the ht leads and plugs and if the car still wont rev change the ignition coil!?

what plugs do i need ?

have any of you had this problem?

thanks
sam

pulsar brum

i had the same probl;em mate if u was local i would have gave u them parts as there just lying in my cars boot. have he leads plugs and coil. change the leads first and plugs as it could be knackered from running the engine in. if no lick then try the coil replace it. my car is pushing some power so i have iridium heat range 8 damn they are good with magnecor leads

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You don't need iridium or platinum plugs; copper cores are fine (they are the OEM spec anyway because fancy iridium plugs weren't available in 1990).
The magnecor leads have been known to cause more problems than they fix, so if you have problems I'd recommend going back to standard (which are absolutely fine with the standard distributor setup).

red reading

You don't need iridium or platinum plugs; copper cores are fine (they are the OEM spec anyway because fancy iridium plugs weren't available in 1990).
The magnecor leads have been known to cause more problems than they fix, so if you have problems I'd recommend going back to standard (which are absolutely fine with the standard distributor setup).

Oem were ngk pfr7b which were platinum george,and special metal plugs have been around since the 70's mate

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Oem were ngk pfr7b which were platinum george,and special metal plugs have been around since the 70's mate
My bad - I really did think I'd seen it in the manual that they were copper cores... maybe it's just that they weren't iridium.

Either way I stand corrected. :oops:

thanks every one

could the fuel filter really be the prob when in neutral it will rev up ?

and air leaks theres loads of pipes lol will try and have a look tomos after work

thanks
sam

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Another thing worth checking is that the fuel pump is getting full voltage and not reduced voltage.