spark plugs

davey red.r

ngk bcr8es, they aint listed as a gtir plug, so you will have to look for them your self, there a cheap plug,
about 12 pound a set halfrauds,
i know allen ashills, ran them in his running over 400bhp with no probs,
ive got them in mine, and tbh, are a improvement over my old hks s40 grade 8s

davey

antopulsar

My car is running 400BHP+ and the full spec is:

Apexi Power FC Pro (with Launch control) running 1.6bar
2 litre SR20DET
86.5 mm HKS pistons with HKS rings
Crank lightened, balanced, knife edged and polished
Conrods balanced and polished
All new Nissan bearings
Lightened & balanced billet OS GIKEN flywheel
HKS 264 camshafts
Full head rebuild including triple cut valve seats, new valves,
Fully ported, polished and gas flowed
Standard manifold ported, polished
HKS 1.2mm triple layer metal head gasket
ARP head stud kit
ARP conrod bolt set
GARRET GT3071R turbo running 1.8bar
4" custom turbo inlet pipe
HKS adjustable actuator
Custom modified engine breather set up
Greddy Profec B Spec 2 boost controller
Janspeed full 3 inch exhaust system from the turbo back including the elbow
Stainless steel intercooler pipe run
Stainless steel distributor cover
Stainless steel spark plug cover
Hiteq Red Marble powder coated rocker cover
Nismo high pressure 1.3 bar radiator cap
Forge brand new dampened Nissan crank pulley
Forge motor sport billet aluminium pulley set
OS GIKEN R2CD Twin plate clutch kit
Gear stabilisation bush kit
Nismo solid engine mount kit
Forge oil cap
Braided Stainless steel oil feed, water feed and water return turbo hoses
Full Nissan engine gasket kit.
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
Reverse mounted rad fans
Forge front mounted intercooler core
Battery relocation kit to boot
Apexi air filter
All fixings used throughout car are either stainless steel
52 mm Auto meter pillar mounted boost gauge
52 mm Auto meter pillar mounted Air to Fuel ration gauge
Apexi Power FC Pro (with Launch control) running 1.6bar

When the car was originally mapped by Ian @ Hi Teq it was running an MSD Blaster coil & Magnecore spark plug leads but the car was getting spark blow out at anything over 1.4bar so Ian removed the MSD Blaster coil & Magnecore spark plug leads and replaced them with standard Nissan parts and some kind of upgraded Spark plugs which allowed the car to run 1.6bar8)

I am now looking to replace these spark plugs but with Hi teq now closed down I am unable to find out what plugs were being used:doh:

I have tried other spark plugs but I have been getting spark blow out on high boost so ideally I would like to have the same plugs that Ian had fitted previously, they were NGK's with tiny little tips if that helps:oops:

Will try and post a pic later!!!

Last edited:

antopulsar

I have tried other spark plugs but I have been getting spark blow out on high boost so ideally I would like to have the same plugs that Ian had fitted previously, they were NGK's with tiny little tips if that helps:oops:
They were NGK Racing plugs:roll:

davey red.r

good spec matey8)
no ppg,par,quaife:shock:
my moneys on the box dying before june:cry:
with that 1.8 mars bar carryon.

davey

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
When the car was originally mapped by Ian @ Hi Teq it was running an MSD Blaster coil & Magnecore spark plug leads but the car was getting spark blow out at anything over 1.4bar
Were you just running the MSD Blaster Coil or were you using it with the MSD 6A Ignition Box..

If you weren't using the 6A ignition box then you would end up with less of a spark than with the standard ignition..

mad max

Were you just running the MSD Blaster Coil or were you using it with the MSD 6A Ignition Box..

If you weren't using the 6A ignition box then you would end up with less of a spark than with the standard ignition..
Interesting as i only run the msd blaster coil and get blow out at 1.7bar

antopulsar

Just the MSD Blaster Coil, did have the full MSD kit in a box in the boot but Ian @ hi teq said it was B0LL0X:lol: so he just fitted standard Nissan Parts with these NGK Racing plugs and its been fine since but I flooded the car trying to start it last week and have removed the plugs & want to replace them but unsure which ones they are???

all they have on them is NGK R:oops:

Rishi

The standard Ignition Driver isn't enough to make use of the Blaster Coil which is why so many people failed to gain from it..

After fitting mine the garage called to say that the spark was bright enough to light up New York!

MSD SS Blaster Coil

MSD HVC Blaster Coil - Slightly higher spec coil

MSD 6A Ignition Box

Further backup of this working is the fact that the CPR (Riffa) GTiR ran 611bhp using my MSD ignition setup. Promptly replaced by them after borrowing it.. ;-)

Last edited:

Rishi

Yes still running the stock dizzy. Just with the MSD 6A Control Box and an MSD Blaster Coil.. Does the job nicely..