Spark Plugs

recaro18

I have had a good search and found out that most people use Denso ik22's for standard engines and ik24's for about 1-1.1bar,
I am hitting boost at about 1.2bar and maybe a little over and the boost doesnt drop off, and kicks in very very suddenly as its a huge turbo, so i was wondering what you clever people would recommend in the plugs to get? is there a grade colder than ik24's?
With the 2 boost settings the car can be running anywhere from 300-330bhp

Regards

youngsyp

IK27's are a grade colder than the IK24's although, I'd suspect that you'd be fine with the IK24's !
The NGK variants are also a very good solution. To match the IK24's, you need a heat range of 8 !

www.sparkplugs.co.uk is the place to get them from !

recaro18

I think i have the Denso Iridiums in at the moment, is there any difference in the denso racing plugs and the normal ngk iridium? is there a smaller tip or a more powerfull spark produced from the denso ones?

youngsyp

The only real difference is that the centre electrode on the Denso plugs is 0.2mm smaller than the NGK one. In the real world, this would probably only mean that the Denso plugs wear out quicker !

The only way any plug could make a more powerful spark than the next plug is if it was of lower resistance or, had a more energy going to it in the first place !

Don't get me wrong, I had Denso plugs on the car for about three years (the same set) and they were great. I just thought I'd try the NGK plugs when I changed them and there is no difference in performace what so ever. However, the NGK plugs are a little cheaper !