spark plugs

A

Anonymous

hi all ive got a 1990 gtir can some 1 tell me the best plugs to get and the no on the side please thanks all paul

J

J-GTi-R

NGK PFR7B gapped to 9mm for standard boost, go a heat range colder for 1 bar.

G

GAZ P

HKS super fire racing Iridium I think the code is S40i, very very good :lol: :eek: but very very F*ckin expensive :cry: :cry:

youngsyp

The HKS is just a re-badged NGK plug. Go for the Denso Iridium. Much cheaper and in my opinion a better design :wink: Oh, and you don't need to re-gap them :D

Dooie Pop Pop

J-GTi-R said:
which plug is that exactly J? 6B is too hot and guy at shop said they dont make an 8B, or is he a muppet?

cheers, stu

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
GAZ P said:
HKS super fire racing Iridium I think the code is S40i, very very good :lol: :eek: but very very F*ckin expensive :cry: :cry:

HKS S45i is better... :wink:

celm

stay with the NGK 7 heat range.platinums hold to much heat even the cooler ones.iridums are to expensive.u guys that run 1 bar plus,what do u cap your plugs at?

Dooie Pop Pop

celm said:
stay with the NGK 7 heat range.platinums hold to much heat even the cooler ones.iridums are to expensive.u guys that run 1 bar plus,what do u cap your plugs at?
totally :? me with that

ashills

go to halfords get teh cheapest plugs u can thats all i do and they last at least 6 months
all this iridium rubbish ngk or bosch supers 5-6 quid a set and no probs at 400+bhp

J

J-GTi-R

sturat said:
J-GTi-R said:
which plug is that exactly J? 6B is too hot and guy at shop said they dont make an 8B, or is he a muppet?

cheers, stu
No he's not being a muppet, you'll have to use a Denso or similar plug to go colder as the PFR7 is the coldest NGK to in that range.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ashills said:
go to halfords get teh cheapest plugs u can thats all i do and they last at least 6 months
all this iridium rubbish ngk or bosch supers 5-6 quid a set and no probs at 400+bhp
Nissan rate the standard plugs at 60000miles, so the standard plugs would work out cheaper than say 10sets at £5-6 a time over 5 years and alot less hassle changing them once :)

ashills

no i mean im doing a set of plugs in 6 months at current power at standard boost etc iwas using the same just a hotter heat range and they lasted ages but most people will change plugs once a year

youngsyp

Most Iridium plugs will last 60k miles also. You've also got less chance of melting the tips if the mixture goes wonky :wink: And you should get a better spark from them as Iridium is a better conductor :D
I can't argue with Bosch or Beru super 4's, they are very good plugs if you don't mind changing them every year or less.

ashills

has anyone actually had a set of hks/ iridium plugs last more a year or 2 on here then
as a mate of mine runs iridiums in his cossie and he only gets 8k out of them

A

ard1ey

Had HKS S40 in for 3 years, after 2 years it ran 280-odd bhp at Interpro - hadn't touched them in that time. They are going off a bit now, had to regap them after the car crapped out at Powerstation with ignition problems but they still work fine after doing that.

B

beast14

denso iridium IK24...........which equates to an 8 heat range in the NGK...