spark plug NGK/BCR8ES people using

123 gtir

ok done a search about what you dudes are using for your monsters.

i am having problems with my denso Iridium plug as if you get them wet in any way they don't work again :<

so i went to my local mota mania shop told them the code NGK/BCR8ES had them in stock which were £2.99 bit pricey as they had them on eBay for less money,,

but i wanted them that day..

he asked me what car, i told him a gtir which is running boost he said no way i should put these plugs in has the heat range will not take the plug and are not designed for any nissan he said they will work for about 2 days and then they will stop working i told him i got it from a good place and the gtirs are running 400 pluss b.h.p he said i should only put in iridium had they will take the heat e.g model PFR7B / NGK

i still got them and i know they should be 0.7 mm
but now hes made me think about if i should not but these plugs in my gtir can any one explain to ease my mind about the heat range etc on these plugs cause they are cheap you think they will melt but i know you lads are running more than 400 bhp

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think it's Ashills you want to ask about those plugs. I'm sure it was him that recommended them.

GTIR-LOZ

im running them in my new engine they have been fine for 200+ miles now got my whole set for 4.99 from halfords (trade card)

ashills

yep loads of cars running them with no problem atall guy in shop wanted you to buy 80 quids worth off iridiums no doubt

Im using them on my 1bar R with no problems. Even after not using the car for a few weeks it'll start up and idle at 950rpm smooth as anything since fitting them.

warringtonjack

Using them on my R as well. Used it on track with some real high temps and didnt miss a beat. Tuner down my way wouldnt even contemplate putting anything like that in his cars though, they've been brainwashed by the Iridium cult as well! :behindsofa:

Fusion Ed

Loads of cars have issues with the iridium. Makes me laugh, they foul easy and are just a waste of money. BCR8ES are fine unless running really silly power.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well as it's the standard plug, probably quite a few people until they up the boost and need colder plugs.

davey red.r

honest:doh: :lol: just thats what halfords said they only listed for the r,:doh:
until i spotted,bcr8es on there plug stand last set too:)

davey

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well, they are the only listed plug for the Gtir, so that's no surprise. Other plugs will fit but are not Nissan recommended, so won't be listed.

It depends what gap they're preset at. Factory recommended gap is 0.9mm, but some people close them upto about 0.7mm if they have problems with the spark blowing out at high boost. Try asking Ashills or Micra Ed for better info. If it was me, depending on boost I'd start at about 0.9mm and close it up if I had any problems.