spark plug damage help!

steve963

Last edited:

warringtonjack

I'm guessing its not overly serious, with the condition of the tip being more important, but for the cost of a new set, just get em in. ;)

Oh, and i'll give you 8 out of 10 for drawability. :lol:

steve963

engine runs really rich, but i was running nearly 1.4 bar on 99ron with airflow signal reduced by 10% (to lean it up a bit!), which I believe alters timing

think there still heat range 7 plugs also:doh:

gonna get some colder plugs, then I guess I should get it mapped on Rolling road, (I have emanage blue) to make sure the timing is ok

steve963

Fast Guy said:
A photo would be more help.
guess its another jibe at my drawing skills:lol:

will get a pic when i change for cooler plugs, whats best is it NGK 8`s for the money? im running 1.2bar 320-330bhp (IIRC NGK 7`s are std)

steve963

gtirjoey said:
i run denso irridium jus the standard plugs listed for the car with no problems
what even at 417bhp? these the std heat range? I though the colder plugs were supposed to stop DET by not remaining too hot on the next combustion stroke

gtirjoey

well all i can say mate is im not really getting alot of det. just get the denso irridium listed for the car it will be fine still running no problems what so ever. they seem to be coping really well with no spark blow out etc even at high boost. all i had to do is gap them down to .7 i believe when boost levels got quite high

P

pulsarboby

Micra Ed said:
Go for NGK BCR8ES... Try and get a pic of the plug, need to see it to make a better assessment.

im using the same plugs at over 400hp and they are fine! will also only cost around £8 a set:-D just close the gaps up 0.1mm which will help with spark blow out if your running high boost levels

Fusion Ed

Looks like you may be running too rich and also the plug range was to hot... Although its harder to tell on older plugs..