someone help me with this f***in thing. WIRESSSS

chrisyleigh

well as you proberly all know been haveing trouble and basicly want to remove this very old apexi safc but im kake with wires heres some pics

the ecu got a sticker on it from some company

right the apexi has these werid red plastic things which i cannot get off for some reason they seem to be tapping in to the normal wires all except one orange one

if you look closely you can see that the red things arebasicly tapping into the normal wire ex cept this one............

there are some odd ones as well coming from the safc that anit connected to anything

was wondering if i cud just recconect the orange wires and just cut away the safc from the red blocks and leave them in place??

cheers chris

danr

join the orange wires.
remove the blocks is best as they will add resistance to wires, but can be left if youre not sure or get pissed off in the seat bay lo

Gaz gtiR

hmmm ECU looks abit sus to me! JAM-SPORT are ford boys & your ecu is standard so you cant map it unless you have some sort of daughter bourd in there! so i dont understand why jam-sport would have fitted a daughter bourd to a japenese car?? i maybe wrong tho.

I think you may have a jam-sport sticker on there because they may have fitted the SAFC!

chrisyleigh

That's the wrong site different company I've. Been searching for last 3hours on the seach put in jam ecu and on like page 2 there's a few thread back from 2005

saddler

jam-sport is or was a tuner from japan.. there website is no longer live.. but it will be just like the mines/blitz ones and will be a mapped Rom.. (there was a youtube vid of there GTi-r winning a battle with other jdm cars.. i can't find it sorry..

chrisyleigh

thanks for that info saddler the sides still have the sticker covering them so ill try to nicely peel off to check inside or shall I say to take a pic because I dono wat to look for but I will have a beetter attempt tomoz with the red blocks

P

pulsarboby

as said on phone chris....remove that safc and those scotch connecters as this will all conflict with ecu (solder and insulate connections) which in turn is giving you loads of fuel, thinning out your engine oil and more than likely raising oil temps due to being pissed down with fuel, dump that oil too then hopefully youll be on the road to recovery lol.

overfuelling to that extent is a big engine killer as ive found in the past on more than one occasion

chrisyleigh

Well the apexi and blocks are now all gone I have opened the ecu u and there is a big board with loads of gizmos on it ill upload a pic later or 2moz , just about 2 fit walbro :)

chrisyleigh

Day 2 of working on her and so far its gizmo 2 - chris 1 haha gona do trackrod , drop the oil and replum boost gauge , maybe reattempt the fuel pump

chrisyleigh

heres some pics off the ecu inside

also a little discussion with bob and ive found out som of the vac pipes are inthe wrong place anybody up north/ manchester that i can copy there pipein pleeeaasseeee

bob there some pics for you