solid/poly engine mounts?

nismoboy

This is a question for people with either nismo or poly engine mounts, how bad are they? do they vibrate the car badly on idle? or is it tollerable? as my engine rocks about loads and i really need some uprated mounts but i dont want to get some if it make the car vibrate badly.

Also what things did the mounts improve after fitting? handling? gearshift? any feed back would be much appreciated.

coxie

:D ive got them but car is not on road yet but from what ive been told they are not to bad .

ps will ring you next wk regarding you know what!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
nismoboy said:
This is a question for people with either nismo or poly engine mounts, how bad are they? do they vibrate the car badly on idle? or is it tollerable? as my engine rocks about loads and i really need some uprated mounts but i dont want to get some if it make the car vibrate badly.

Also what things did the mounts improve after fitting? handling? gearshift? any feed back would be much appreciated.
Nothing is really improved and the car vibrates & Rattles like a good-un on tic over, during normal driving you don't really notice, untill you do a long trip then you feel it.
Total waste of time and money in my opinion and will be going back to the standard ones as soon as I can be bothered to fit them.

Dooie Pop Pop

stevepudney said:
nismoboy said:

Nothing is really improved and the car vibrates & Rattles like a good-un on tic over, during normal driving you don't really notice, untill you do a long trip then you feel it.
Total waste of time and money in my opinion and will be going back to the standard ones as soon as I can be bothered to fit them.
true...........but

my back likes em :lol: 1 hour spent in the drivers seat actually stops my back from aching......go figure? :lol:

makes refitting the engine a pain as there' s no play in them but tbh i wonder how long the oe ones would last or wether they would allow too much flexing on a higher powered car :? i dunno :oops:

nismoboy

stevepudney said:
nismoboy said:

niceone :wink: thanks for the feed back.