Solenoid valve

A

Anonymous

Hello everyone,

I seem to be getting a problem that keeps reappearing. When my car gets hot the boost drops from 0.7 bar to 0.5 and no in between. I've thought that this may have been something to do with the top-mount but I now have a front mount intercooler. The cars seems to run a bit more hesitantly when this happens. :(

I was wondering if you guys had any idea what this may be caused by?

One thing I was wondering is, can the solenoid valve for the boost be causing this? Is there a sensor or something telling the ecu or this valve to run less boost? I've done an ecu check and its showing nothing's wrong there. :?

MarkTurbo

goats_breath said:
When my car gets hot the boost drops from 0.7 bar to 0.5 and no in between

The cars seems to run a bit more hesitantly when this happens. :(
That'll be the detonation sensor kicking in :wink: It cuts the boost to 0.5 bar and retards the timing a bit (thats why it feels hesitant) It dosen't show up as a fault code either.

If you stop and turn the engine off then back on again this should reset it and return the boost back to 0.7 bar.

But you wanna find out why its cutting in :? Could just be a faulty sensor as i wouldn't of thought you would get detonation at 0.7 bar with a front mount unless something is wrong.

It is the solenoid that drops the boost from 0.7 to 0.5 bar but its getting told to do it by the ecu, so the solenoid itself is working correctly.