Snap off Steering wheel boss kit

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member

dobby

i got the snapoff one. its deffinately worth having. sorry if you find my post useless as it doesnt relate to the d1 boss. it looks nothing like the one i have though. how do you get the steering wheel off. mine has two pins either side off the boss.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I've got one similar to those grom the states but it cost nearer £50 at the time. I bought mine to reposition the steering wheel a few inches closer more than anything else. The security was an added bonus. My snap off fixture is solid, the only downside is the wiring for the horn took a few goes to get right but now it works perfectly.

Jim

JAMMA

I got that exact one a couple of weeks ago. Not had it fitted yet but the quality seems good enough. Worth the £25 anyways :D

P

Pete

ive had one like that before didnt like it one bit to much movment in the steering wheel for my likingt but that might be down to mine beening a mates old unit thats why he gave it me cheap lol good security device :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

nickr

http://www.tekniqauto.com/CDN/steeringquickrelease.htm

I have this one above. There is 0 play, completely solid. Plus it comes with a keylock which is handy, so you can't just pop it off if someone gets into your car and the wheel is still on.

I've tried other ones and they're utter shit, this is probably second to the sparco one.

I also know a dozen other people who have it and have 0 issues with it whatsoever.