smokey

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Im asking this as I'm looking for thoughts from people who have maybe had this problem before.

I bought the car as a non runner, its up and running now, the previous owner had just fitted a brand new turbo to the car, I removed the I/C and pipework and it was full of oil, I've removed the oil. just wondering if its possible I have more oil sitting in my exhaust?

I start the car up and it seems ok, idles fine and boost fine, i leave it a minute or so then blue smoke starts coming out

would this seem a logical explanation?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What type of exhaust is it? It seems entirely plausible to me that if it was pumping oil out into the exhaust, it could have collected in the silencer(s) etc - particularly if they're packed with glass wool or baffles for silencing... and unlike water it wouldn't evaporate out nicely when the system gets hot.

Anyone seen this before?

EDIT: It wasn't that RB off eBay was it? That just sold, and the vendor said he'd f*cked the engine by running it without oil!

Last edited:

jjs

i would give it a good run just keep an eye on the oil level and see if it burns of the excess residual oil and clears its self