smokey!!!!

P

pulsarboby

got maybe a problem with my rebuilt car:sad:
done about 50 or so miles in it since i rebuilt lump, but still getting smoke 'burning oil' from exhaust as i slow down and go down through the box, plume of blue smoke then its gone. its all ok when accelerating!

ive had this prob ever since i bought the car! turbo has been completely overhauled by essex turbos whilst i rebuilt the engine

wondering if its just all bedding in or if there is a prob there somewhere, other than that the cars fine, although it hasnt been past 3000rpm at present! no oil leaks or knocks, rattles everything else seems fine:?

P

pulsarboby

just read it! very interesting point which i have heard about before, think i will give it a damned good thrashing tomorrow, and see what happens, i really do hope this guy is right!
when i used to race my bike i broke that in on a track and i must say it was a very quick bike after that, quicker than my mates one which was brand new!

lets hope for my sake that im not on here tomorrow night whining like a little girl that my cars fcuked lol.......will let you's all know what happened!

gtirx2

Wish you luck mate;-) I don't say i am right but when i bedded my R in on wiseco pistons same as you i think?I drove it pretty hard from the off when warm and it has run great ever since:)

stumo

I've always driven the engine fairly hard, don't drive it like you stole it but fairly hard and use the revs but don't go stupid.

don't leave it to idle for ages also until it's bedded in

Mr GTiR

I've just run a brand new engine in and used the method that stumo talks of. The first 20 miles i used 3/4 throttle and full boost in 2/3/4 gear to bed the rings in. Anything else after that is just for the engine to selttle down.

Just had it at Hi Teq for an oil and filter change after 500 miles. Now i can do full throttle as the engine is run in :thumbsup:

Just going to put another couple of thousand on and get it mapped for 1.5 bar :twisted:

P

pulsarboby

well just done about 60 miles in it, hard on and off throttle took the revs up to 7k, and by fcuk does this car shift:shock: far quicker than it was before, with very little lag but still smokey smokey when decelerating in 3rd or 2nd to standstill.

still no leaks, everythings fine except this smoke, will just have to bear with it and hope its the rings bedding in:?

nismoboy

pulsarboby said:
well just done about 60 miles in it, hard on and off throttle took the revs up to 7k, and by fcuk does this car shift:shock: far quicker than it was before, with very little lag but still smokey smokey when decelerating in 3rd or 2nd to standstill.

still no leaks, everythings fine except this smoke, will just have to bear with it and hope its the rings bedding in:?

sounds like your turbo to me mate, whip it off and buy a rebuild kit there only £50

G

GTI-R Kid

I know you say you've already had the turbo rebuilt, but if you're only seeing the smoke on deceleration then I'd highly suspect it. Could be something as simple as worn seals or something.

boucherie

how much of that website did you follow with regards to breaking in the engine, by this i mean are you now at the stage to change the oil for a non synthetic one to 'clear' out any bits of muck which may have built up, as this might stop the smoking on down shift as well because a different grade oil might not pass the seals as much depending on how thick or thin it is.

P

pulsarboby

essex turbos rebuilt it! will be up at your place shortly to get it mapped with all my other gizmos.
not stem oil seals as i completely rebuilt lump, new everything, and turbo is pulling very strongly under boost!
will continue with run in and see if smoke starts to clear

leon2engines

if the seal has gone it will still work ok, if you need definatly want to know and have a few hours spare take the manifold and elbow off and look for oil,