smokey turbo

A

Anonymous

Hi all, just bought a T28 from a Jap. used parts trader and after it was hooked up and the car started there's now masses of smoke from the exhaust that wasn't there before.
Clearly this thing is knackered and I know the its gonna be a nightmare to get my money back "it wasn't fitted correctly" and all the other cr@p these people come out with is bound to be the excuse.

So...is it possible to recon the unit myself, how difficult is it and how much will it cost?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

oops, posted in the wrong section - can someone move it please!!!
I don't know how to do it :oops:

D

disco dave

do u know a brand new stage 2 turbo is only 500 quid with 2 years warrenty from turbo technics..

A

Anonymous

Hopefully 'if' I get my money back I might be doing just that.
Thanks lads. :D

LeeSmith

MONSTER said:
Hi all, just bought a T28 from a Jap. used parts trader and after it was hooked up and the car started there's now masses of smoke from the exhaust that wasn't there before.
Clearly this thing is knackered and I know the its gonna be a nightmare to get my money back "it wasn't fitted correctly" and all the other cr@p these people come out with is bound to be the excuse.

So...is it possible to recon the unit myself, how difficult is it and how much will it cost?

Cheers
You can get them re-conned not sure on the cost, but If I were you I'd probably trade it in. Turbo Technics trade in turbos, that way you'll get a new one & money back from your old one. I have no idea what the trade in price you will get but contact them by email equiries@turbotechnics.com or 01604 705050,

A

Anonymous

Cheers mate :D

So £500 for a stage 2 (I guess thats a hybrid?) is a trade in price on the old one?
What is special about a stg. 2 turbo? Does it spool up faster and give a harder 'kick'?
360 bearing etc.?