smoke......what could it be(HELP)

frp

the R is smoking, but im getting good compression i have good turbo...... i get a patch of oil on the front bottom left of the front mount...... car runs fine what could it be?????????????

whole in cooler......catch tank

frp

i would know what its supposed to be. could be. do you think. i got 160psi comp just had tubby rebuilt spot on. it does nt smoke on idle its just comin on boost i think

JIMMYBACK

yer i think if it is the sacf2 the sensors has probba been changed.......make sure it is under the hotwire option 8)
mine was changed by the bloody kids :shock: :? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nismoboy

maybe oil separator?? check all the hoses going to it, also make sure its not blocked or full. It maybe be coming out of the overfill hole on the underside of the separator?

kirko

nismoboy said:
maybe oil separator?? check all the hoses going to it, also make sure its not blocked or full. It maybe be coming out of the overfill hole on the underside of the separator?
steve you've got the forge oil catch tank which replaced the seperator
and we checked your pipes and tank they were pretty dry so its not breathing heavily

i think we need to do another comp. test
and bung the breather that feeds into the throttle bodies
just to rule out everything we can

frp

yeah good choice big lad. startin to get me down now. i got absolutley s**t faced last nite at that 21st......... i still feel rough :?

Dooie Pop Pop

still cant see how you can get oil on the outside front of your intercooler :? thats rather odd. what have you done with your powersteering cooler pipework is it removed and the hose looped back on its self??

its the only oil pipework i can think of in that area :? if it was weeping it could collect there i guess.

other than that check your boost pipes before the intercooler for oil from where your tubby was leaking before. without actually seeing it its pretty hard to hazard a guess :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What's your oil level? If it's over full sometimes it can get blown out of the breather back into the inlet and burn off in the engine.

Is your turbo drain back into the block clear?

Is it alot of smoke or just a little. Does it stop when you're on boost or continue until you back off?

I assume it is oil smoke?