slight Problem........

S

Sam P

Hi there people as i started the car at work yesteday the car started making a loud knocking/tapping noise from under the bonnet i revved the car as this has stopped it before. the noise continued whilst i drove then a clunk the noise stopped and it threw up the ABS and battery light :doh: . Looked under the bonnet and the alternator belt is in 2 pieces any idea what the noise was and what may have caused this to heppen???

thanks

sam:thumbsup:

S

Sam P

yeah the wheels turns so dunno what else couldn't really have a good look as it was raining bad

P

pulsarboby

the alternator through bolt has a knack of coming loose, and hitting the belt and breaking it!
check to see that the nut hasnt come off and the bolts pulled back.

EVOBAD

Sam P said:
yeah the wheels turns so dunno what else couldn't really have a good look as it was raining bad
is the wheel lose as bob states the bolt comes lose as it happen to me ,start the car up it wont harm it ,does it tik over ok or is ther funny noises

S

Sam P

yeah it runs fine i drove it home etc no fuuny noises, i noticed a loose bolt near the alternator as it goes but once again it was raining that bad i just went in my house

EVOBAD

thats your problem then mate the loose bolt tighten it all back together then if the pulley is loose then bearings are fuk pulsar boby might hav a alternator for u