skyline R34 GTT

Fire & skill

Vintage member
after the thread regarding the skyline v's pulsar i was wondering what people's opinions are of these? i have a friend who is planning on importing one from Japan - he is doing it himself, he is convinced they are similiar technology to the GTR only difference is the engine :? tbh i dont know much about the R34 GTT, but he reckons they are 280bhp standard. he has just sold his R32 V spec to fund it.

its def a lovely looking machine - ive saw pics of it! it just seems a bargain if it has the hicas or attesa set up as std

anyone?

Ricky_GTi-R

Fire & skill said:
after the thread regarding the skyline v's pulsar i was wondering what people's opinions are of these? i have a friend who is planning on importing one from Japan - he is doing it himself, he is convinced they are similiar technology to the GTR only difference is the engine :? tbh i dont know much about the R34 GTT, but he reckons they are 280bhp standard. he has just sold his R32 V spec to fund it.

its def a lovely looking machine - ive saw pics of it! it just seems a bargain if it has the hicas or attesa set up as std

anyone?
As far as i am aware, the R34 GTT does come with the 280bhp version of the RB25DET, however i dont know about the hicas or attesa set ups bud. Not my first choice for a Skyline tho, dont like the look of the R34GTT, can tell it just isnt a GTR:evil:

DanDud

IIRC the GTT has the RB25DET single turbo 2.5 litre engine, still 280bhp though. Their only RWD but i dont know whether they have hicas or not. Could be wrong though.

mattygti-r

"i want everyone to think ive an R34GTR" Spring tomind,

im sure they are a nice car but its like saying ive a "ford" and thinking its a cossie when its a puma or ka

N

Ninja_tune_factory

GTT are awsome for dori action just as long as you bin the hi cast systerm,
i gess it depends what ur after realy.

i proble go for the GTT as there RWD

D

DazBGTIR

Alot of owners who have GTS-T's or GTT's would never swap them for GTR's ... they love the one they own. Lots of them could quite easily chop their 34GTT in for a 32 or 33 GTR, but they don't.

There are some pretty big power ones out there now too .... I can think of several in the 500+hp bracket - where they are everyday road cars for the owners.

There's a 33 GTS-T (which you'll see at TOTB if you're going) that is still running the 2.5 engine pushing out circa 800hp (it's already run 9's at Santa Pod too). So there is plenty of "tunability" in the GTS-T or GTT engine.

I'm not a great fan of the standard styling of the GTT, but again, if you are into changing the bodystyling - there is plenty of choice.

Daz

Fire & skill

Vintage member
so if it was a toss up between an R34 GTT or an R32 GTR what would it be?

both around the same price at the mo - so good comparison

Studlife

the gts-t comed with a 2.0L called the RB20DET single turbo but it only put out 215BHP but it's plenty of power for drifting

D

DazBGTIR

Studlife said:
the gts-t comed with a 2.0L called the RB20DET single turbo but it only put out 215BHP but it's plenty of power for drifting
That's the 32 GTS-T not the 33 GTS-T nor the 34 GTT.

Daz

D

DazBGTIR

Fire & skill said:
so if it was a toss up between an R34 GTT or an R32 GTR what would it be?

both around the same price at the mo - so good comparison
I'm really not too sure. I have not had the pleasure of driving a 34 GTT - so I cannot comment from a drivers perspective.

Personally, I LOVE the look of the 32 GTR and I'm not a fan of the standard look of the 34 GTT, so on looks alone I would always pick the 32.

I have a 32 GTR - so that's where my preference would be, but as I say - there are plenty of 34 GTT owners who wouldn't even consider swapping for a GTR.

He really needs to drive both ... it's one of those things that no-one can really say which he should get - he needs to decide by driving each model and see which he prefers. I could say get a 32 someone else would say get the 34 ... it's a personal thing.

The 32 is said to be the most "raw" and the most fun. It's certainly the lightest and has the least advanced driving aids (mine goes sideways quite easily - which keeps you on your toes). The 34 will also step-out and keep you on your toes. I believe on paper the 32 would be quicker ... but again the 34 GTT is very tunable and obviously is newer and therefore more modern inside.

Daz