Side repeaters/MOT

Spikey

As im coming along with my wide arch kit i noticed that there is not really and space for Side repeaters but would it be a MOT failure? I mean there are a few cars that do not have them from Factory Ak golf mk 2. (Im on about the ones in the side wing)

Paul

As far as I knew, as long as you can see the front ones when looking at the car from the side then thats fine.

EDIT - Having just had a look around on the internet, some people say that as long as there isn't a side repeater there then you'll be ok, it's just when you have one that doesn't work. Whereas other people say that you definately need them. The majority seem to think that it's all down to the individual MOT tester though, maybe a six pack of lagers will do the trick?

Hope this helps

Last edited:

geoff pine

I would be tempted to go and have a word with the mot examiner its probably not one of those Grey ares like noisy exhaust. Maybe if the model comes with them then they have to be fitted and working .

STU4X4

Mot manual basically says " if a wrap around type front indicator is fitted confirm it can be seen by standing side on at the rear bumper 1metre away from the car. If it can be clearly seen and is not just a reflection then thats correct."

Stu