Show Off Your Wheels Thread?

solo.lap

Hej everyone,

Just got myself a white GTiR to add to the collection (I also have 2 Evo Vs and a Renault Spider at the moment) and wanting to fit some new wheels to it. I've had a look around but can't find a dedicated nothing but wheels thread? I'm wondering whether 16 or 17, can I go wider than 7...what is THE perfect offset to fill the arches properly (this car has BC coilovers).

I've been thinking Compomotive TH1781 wheels in white, or maybe OZ Rally Race in white...but they're both soooooo heavy :( Ideally I want something light (sub 8kg), what about CE28N wheels?

Here's a pic of the car I took at the weekend. It's not with me at the moment but I've already started buying some bits for it, overall it's in good condition, running 282whp and been refreshed in 2010 ish.

20230204_113358.jpg

astarozna

Sweden you say.....ideal offset would be 40, 37 would be max before rubbing on arches, if running coilovers then you can go to low 40's. If 16" then 205/45 or 50 if 17" 205/40 maybe 215???
Enkei nt03, advan racing rs, compomotive th2
I run bbs rs 16" et37 7.5 wide 205/50 and they rub under heavy cornering

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Welcome to GTIR ownership!

Wheels, most people run between 16" 17" wheels.

I personally run 16x7 wheels and they seem fine to run on and tyre options are good. (205/15/16)
You can run 17" wheels, but I have no real running experiance with them.

For context, these are my 16x7's with 205/45/16

solo.lap

Thanks for the replies, yes I'm here in Sweden, there are around 15 Pulsars here and I've seen 3 in total (including the one I bought).

That's really interesting on offset and tyre width, early 90s cars don't run wide tyres do they!

So a 7.5 and 37et would be arches filled? Is it a square setup, same track width front and rear?

Keep the pics coming (static shots if you have them). Andy those first wheels look like Enkeis?

solo.lap

So I know it's considered wrong to fit different offsets front and rear on AWD, but out of interest, what offset would the rear need to be flush like the fronts?

Cathode

i have staggered white Rota slipstreams on my Pulsar. Front 7J rear 8J with wheels spacers. Done over 800 miles with them. It's not a problem in the slightest. The rears only just about rub. Not often though.

solo.lap

thanks for the replies. If I wanted to run the same width front and rear, any idea what offset would be on the rear to fill the arches without spacers? Is it certain that ET38 on a 7J rim is perfect fitment up front Andy (hard to tell from your pics as they're not front on at the fender).

Any pics Cathode?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Is it certain that ET38 on a 7J rim is perfect fitment up front Andy (hard to tell from your pics as they're not front on at the fender).
"Perfect" is hard to say as its subjective to your requirements, which is different to mine.

I'm happy with the filled space, ZERO scrubbing from the arches or coilovers when on track.

Mine is more about function than looks, plus I run -2.5 degree camber front and rear which may visually not be what you are wanting!

I'll check the photo bank, see if I have any other clear photos. :thumbsup:

edit: found more photos:

solo.lap

Thanks for that, although I'm about function over form normally, I want to be a bit more form with this car, it won't see the track etc.

I found a photo of it from a way back with Rota Grids! It was running 17x9 et25 (according to Rota site)!!!

I think it's a bit too stancey but more what I'm after...maybe 17x8 and the right offset would be the solution?

Screenshot_20230215_231853_Chrome.jpg

I have used bc wheels before as they are super light and will make any colour, offset etc...their rs51 could work and I have the RS51 on my Spider and at 17x9 et10 they weigh 7.2kg.

solo.lap

These ↑ would be illegal in my country :laughing:
Haha, Sweden can be strict compared to the UK but one thing you can do without getting into trouble is air ride and crazy wheels!

I tried finding te37s with a decent width/offset but they don't seem to do them in the classic style (saga I think is the model now), so unless anyone has any more photos of cool wheels they can share, I might have to just spec up some custom ones from BC which is always nerve wrecking as they cost around £3k and you can't return them!