Short shifter Length?

B

blr123

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what is the difference in length between the standard gear shift and the short shifter :?:

Cheers Bryan

A

AZ STE

Bri ,
The difference in length is the same above the ball joint and from the centre of the ball to centre of the lower pivot where the pin goes through 10 mm longer than standard.

B

blr123

Thanks guys :wink:

it's just so that I know how much to cut off :roll: half an inch it is then :wink:

Cheers Bryan

B

blr123

Hi Tony,

it's the length of the shaft, so that the gear knob ends up the same height yeah :wink:

Cheers Bryan

S

Sirnixalot

the length of the shifter above the ball is un important if you shorten it it actaully takes more effort because you have altered the fulcrum.

id otn know how to word what i wnat to say but its an asthetic thing basically :oops:

Tony

The short shifter isnt any shorter in length, it shortens the throw of the lever i.e

from 1st to 2nd gear the throw might be say 6" but the short shift reduces the throw to 4". get it

I have one on my car and its like goin from 1st to neutral when i change to 2nd.

as far as the height of the lever i think its perfect how it is. you dont need to reach for the knob :shock: as such. if you know wot i mean :?

Tony....

B

blr123

So both you (Tony) and Sirnix recon it's fine as it comes yeah :?:

Cheers Bryan

B

blr123

Yep that's rite :wink: but I'm just looking to find out what the general opinion is BEFORE I do it eh :wink: as there's no going back then 8)

Cheers Bryan

B

blr123

A shorter 1 mmmmm :shock: I thought all the short shifter kits were the same length, where do you get the shorter ones :wink:

I just remember a thread where I seem to recall someone shotened it but can't remember if it was a success or not :roll:

Cheers Bryan

Tony

rite i`ll say this again. :cry:

Short shif levers are the same length as the standard one.

wot it means by "short shift" is that the distance the gear knob travels from 1st gear position to 2nd gear position is shortened. making the gear change quicker. Yeah?

Tony....

B

blr123

Cool, the same length, no need to cut it then eh :wink:

I was under the impresion that they were diferent lengths :roll:

Well it's taken a while eh 8) but we've got there in the end Tony cheers for that :wink:

Cheers Bryan