Shopping list

S

Stoned

Right. Got quite a few bits and bobs to buy. I was wonder how beneficial genuine Nissan parts are or can I get away with a Motorfactors brand for the following items

Track/Tie rod arms (both sides)
Lower balljoint /swivel + gaiter

Fuel filter
Oil filter + sump washer

Does anyone sell a larger size Oil filter?

Worth going Nissan all the way and paying the premium?

Cheers

O

Odin

You wont get the ball joint from nissan as they only sell them as a compleat wishbone :? :roll: .

But you can get a gti one I think from auto factors.

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be tempted to go with Nissan for the filters at least.
Track rod ends, you might as well get the bumpsteer kit off here.
Ball joints, Nismo do ones that need presing in, like Rob says Nissan only do the complete lower arm.

S

Stoned

Lovely. I made a mistake with the track rod ends thinking they were something else. I've actually already got Gordon's bump steer kit so I will be reusing that.

The Nismo balls seem overpriced considering GTI ones allegedly fit fine and after doing some searching, appear to only cost around £16. So unless anyone warns me against going that way I will simply do that.
I want to get her ready for some track action but she isnt going to be a proper track car so standard parts should suffice.

O

Odin

I bought the nismo one's and I think there a waste of money at nearly a £100, As I can't really see how you can make and uprated ball joint :roll: :? .

rob

S

Stoned

My local motorfactors are quoting me £24.68 got a GTI lower ball joint

Is that what I want or is it purely the ball which is what I did ask for...

O

Odin

Stoned said:
My local motorfactors are quoting me £24.68 got a GTI lower ball joint

Is that what I want or is it purely the ball which is what I did ask for...
You will need a new ball joint matey, You then need to bang the old one out (make sure you give them a good old soaking with WD40 first) then you will need to press in the new one's.

Remember they held in with a big C clip as well :wink: .

rob