Shopping for bits

MarcD261

Hi iv just bought myself one and was just wondering what are peoples go to places to buy bits and bobs general engine, suspension, brake, exhaust stuff? New bits any got to sites? In the uk
Thanks

Last edited:

Cathode

Parts for the GTIR are starting to get difficult to come by. Things like suspension are limited compared to other models. Your question has a wide pitch. It’s difficult to answer. eBay is an obvious choice. New “bits” again depending what bits we’re talking about can be hard to find. Original new parts are like rocking horse poo and interchangeable parts from the Silvia s13,14 15 are a no no. I know I’m not being too helpful but I’m just saying be prepared to roll-up your sleeves and pour through listings to find what you’re looking for whether it’s on here or on eBay.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
what are peoples go to places to buy bits and bobs general engine, suspension, brake, exhaust stuff? New bits any got to sites? In the uk
Exhaust: get is custom made by a decent exhaust garage! (NOT Powerflow or Magnaflow crap, something better!)
There is very little off the shelf stuff anymore, plus custom items can be tailored more to your requirements of sound and finish.

PLUS if you get a custom exhaust, for the love of god, get the turbo elbow made replaced with the exhaust system to aid flow as its a major restriction for GTiR exhaust systems.
A good 3"/75mm dia exhaust system is manditory!

Air filter: I'd look at a custom K&N unit from them.
Do some measurements before hand and then look at getting something like a universal unit to fit.
Its worth speaking to them and seeing what they might be able to help you with.
K&N Filter Universal Unit

Suspension: We don't have many offerings - BC Coilovers or Mister R seem to be the basic bitch stuff, still on the market for GTiR's
If you want more of a quality ride AST offer GTiR units, but they are expensive

BC GTiR BC Coilovers

AST Suspension

Brakes, there are still options like AP Racing, Alcon, and K-Sport - there are others on the market, but a good 4 or 6 piston system will be fine of all uses. Just order some braided likes from Goodridge or HEL for safety and because you'd be stupid not to!!!

Parts - Local motor factors or Nissan direct.

and as mentioned, most SR20 items for S14's 15's etc are NOT compatible.
They must be GTiR/Sunny/Pulsar/RNN14 compatible.